Kofax

www.kofax.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kofax

A manic year of managing upward

I worked at Kofax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some decent coworkers who tried hard to work smart when given the autonomy to do so (though most of them were driven out either by choice or force).

Cons

My year at Kofax occurred after the acquisition of 170 Systems. I went from a "can do" environment where productivity was encouraged and valued to instead spending 50% of time managing up to the C-level. Execs. did not - and likely could not - provide strategic direction and vision. My time was limited in trying to do the right thing executing work that produced real results because I got sucked into the vortex of creating charts for monthly "EMT" review meetings that could only show what's working, and never, ever show what isn't working. This created an environment where we were unable to course-correct and develop new approaches to market, but instead spent our time spinning wheels, doing the same things, and playing the blame game when those "same things" didn't work anymore.

The C-suite is focused on managing shareholder's perception of the company rather than developing innovative products and solutions. If you focus on the right things, growth comes as a natural extension. Instead, this company is hanging onto a lifeline of tactics to keep treading water, but not truly changing the marketplace in new and exciting ways.

From everything I've heard, not much has changed in the few years since I left. They've cycled through more senior management as they continue to churn doing the same things, playing their shell game, and making very little progress for their customers, partners, and employees.

Retire and make room for some executives with an eye for vision and innovation.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Kofax (View Most Recent)

Work here if...

Current Employee - Project Manager, Professional Services in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager, Professional Services in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (less than a year)

Pros

..you like being micro-managed by vindictive middle managers who have only obtained their positions for being "yes" men to the CEO and his cohorts.

Cons

Moral is a record low. Everyone would go if given a chance, but most do not have the transferable skills to obtain an equivalent job elsewhere.

I joined the 6 months ago and knew I was in trouble after hearing the number of people trying to leave! I started job hunting myself within the third month of joining.

Joining this Kofax was the worst mistake I've ever made, but I needed the job as I had been made redundant from EMC.

The problems are not fixable with the current management team.

Good long term, struggle on short term focus.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bedford, MA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people, good software development tools, free soda/juice.

Cons

Upper management doesn't communicate very transparently. They have meetings to tell us things, but then we get a layoff a week later.

The salaries are fine, just need clearer communication and more honesty.

There are newer employer reviews for Kofax