Lots of Experience, not a lot of compensation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Lots of Growth
Good mentors if sought out

Cons

Tough HR barriers
Lots of personnel constrictions
retail hours

Other Reviews for Kohl's

Fair employer, but always understaffed.

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Madison, WI

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

Unlike most retailers, Kohl's will tries very hard to accommodate each and every employee when creating the next week's shift schedule.

Cons

Regardless of the task, they are constantly understaffed. The amount of work assigned to each employee per shift is far beyond what would be possible to complete, especially if you deliver the exceptional level of customer service to each customer that Kohl's is known for. There is immense pressure to push the Kohl's credit card for next to no incentive to you as an employee.

Doubling the number of floor associates would allow the stores to be clean, organized, and meet all the customer service levels. Simply put, increasing floor staff would increase sales. Also, managers should have to abide by the same Kohl's card signup requirements as non-managers.

It started out great, just like anything else

Current Employee - POS Specialist  in  Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - POS Specialist in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

I thought the discount was good; it's okay
    If you look hard enough you can find good deals
    You get to wear nice stuff to work
    Occasional extra discount on top of employee discount

Cons

The discount (15%)
    I changed my availability, but my schedule was never changed to suit that, in fact they game me MORE
    Along with above, I got less than 15 a week (every week), then when I got a new job they asked me if I was leaving, I told them no, then they started giving me MORE hours

Encourage the managers and supervisors to work with people's schedules.
    Hire the extra people when you know you need it. There needs to be at least 2 cashiers on both side NOT one.
    There needs to be more than one manager on a BUSY day. I called a "Code 'C'" for over an HOUR before I had to radio (walkie) a Supervisor to do it.
    Instead of staying open til 11pm (and losing money, by paying employees to stay), have more genuine sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!