Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Kohls! Expect HORRIBLE Things!

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Hamden, CT
Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Hamden, CT

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

-Negotiable if you tell them your experience as far as pay is concerned
- alright benefits
associate discounts
you can look up your check instead of guesswork
First dibs on new clothes or whatever's on clearance.

Cons

Catty, unprofessional management.
bad pay
People expect you to do assignments alone when it requires 2-3 people to do it efficiently!
no way to advance
terrible hours
 gossipy unfriendly coworkers
unreliable scheduling
"Yes we can" policy extremely easy to abuse.

Hire managers to grow from their positions instead of letting them sit for years on end, to only become stale. Get rid of the "yes we can" policy. Customers can lie through their teeth and take advantage of this causing the company to ultimately lose money. Show employees some respect!

2657 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Great "JOB"

Former Employee - POS Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - POS Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

Walk around and motivate employees, speak with customers, ability to move around and not be behind the register. This job allows you to do everything and not be stuck in one position. You could come into work and have to help out at customer service or help out on the floor or maybe restock bags. Make change for the cashiers. EASY JOB.

Cons

Your main goal as a POS SPECIALIST IS CREDIT! You don't drive credit and meet credit you suck! Your team isn't performing it's your fault and you have to jump on register and fix the problem and you have to get credit!

I would say Management overall is great, In this position I hated being pushed daily to drive credit when associates were not getting credit and there was only 2 customers in the store and you needed to open 10 credit cards it sucks. But I understand that if we don't get the credit then they get it from their boss.

It started out great, just like anything else

Current Employee - POS Specialist in Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - POS Specialist in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

I thought the discount was good; it's okay
    If you look hard enough you can find good deals
    You get to wear nice stuff to work
    Occasional extra discount on top of employee discount

Cons

The discount (15%)
    I changed my availability, but my schedule was never changed to suit that, in fact they game me MORE
    Along with above, I got less than 15 a week (every week), then when I got a new job they asked me if I was leaving, I told them no, then they started giving me MORE hours

Encourage the managers and supervisors to work with people's schedules.
    Hire the extra people when you know you need it. There needs to be at least 2 cashiers on both side NOT one.
    There needs to be more than one manager on a BUSY day. I called a "Code 'C'" for over an HOUR before I had to radio (walkie) a Supervisor to do it.
    Instead of staying open til 11pm (and losing money, by paying employees to stay), have more genuine sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's