There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Kohls! Expect HORRIBLE Things!

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Hamden, CT
Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Hamden, CT

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

-Negotiable if you tell them your experience as far as pay is concerned - alright benefits associate discounts you can look up your check instead of guesswork First dibs on new clothes or whatever's on clearance.

Cons

Catty, unprofessional management. bad pay People expect you to do assignments alone when it requires 2-3 people to do it efficiently! no way to advance terrible hours gossipy unfriendly coworkers unreliable scheduling "Yes we can" policy extremely easy to abuse.

Advice to Management

Hire managers to grow from their positions instead of letting them sit for years on end, to only become stale. Get rid of the "yes we can" policy. Customers can lie through their teeth and take advantage of this causing the company to ultimately lose money. Show employees some respect!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you are willing to work long hard hours, do a muti of jobs, and low pay?

Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Kernersville, NC
    Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Kernersville, NC

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

great as a part-time job or temp job flexible hours for part-times employees good discounts, employee shopping days friendly employees a pizza party a couple times a year great volunteer for kids projects

Cons

low pay , I have worked there for nine years and receive around 3.00 over basic pay perform many job functions (Sometimes, I feel like a ping pong ball bouncing around from my department to another department to customer service counter to registers to ad set to jewerly counter to unloading a truck and working freight to price changes) not enough people working the store at one time because of payroll allotments hard push on credit and emails alot no sick leave they're open late, so you work late and get up in the morning to go in early because they are open early high turnover the air in the building is set too high in the summer, you sweat in the summer form running around so much, put your hair up. no company picnic, and xmas party poor, no gifts

Advice to Management

Stop putting so many demands on your full-time employees. How about making the part-time employee more responsible. Better scheduling. Stop telling the the full-time employee that you can hire two part-timers to take the place of your job.

Too much pressure for the pay

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Some of the sales associates are down to earth and some managers are nice. Kohl's offers some quality products and will give you time off if you request it.

Cons

Too much pressure for the pay. They pay me about minimum wage and some of the managers are degrading. They expect your department to be perfect, even on holidays and weekends. Personally, I prefer Macy's, Dillard's, or Belk to Kohl's.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and get to know them.e