Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Kohls! Expect HORRIBLE Things!

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Hamden, CT
Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Hamden, CT

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

-Negotiable if you tell them your experience as far as pay is concerned
- alright benefits
associate discounts
you can look up your check instead of guesswork
First dibs on new clothes or whatever's on clearance.

Cons

Catty, unprofessional management.
bad pay
People expect you to do assignments alone when it requires 2-3 people to do it efficiently!
no way to advance
terrible hours
 gossipy unfriendly coworkers
unreliable scheduling
"Yes we can" policy extremely easy to abuse.

Hire managers to grow from their positions instead of letting them sit for years on end, to only become stale. Get rid of the "yes we can" policy. Customers can lie through their teeth and take advantage of this causing the company to ultimately lose money. Show employees some respect!

2519 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Great "JOB"

Former Employee - POS Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - POS Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

Walk around and motivate employees, speak with customers, ability to move around and not be behind the register. This job allows you to do everything and not be stuck in one position. You could come into work and have to help out at customer service or help out on the floor or maybe restock bags. Make change for the cashiers. EASY JOB.

Cons

Your main goal as a POS SPECIALIST IS CREDIT! You don't drive credit and meet credit you suck! Your team isn't performing it's your fault and you have to jump on register and fix the problem and you have to get credit!

I would say Management overall is great, In this position I hated being pushed daily to drive credit when associates were not getting credit and there was only 2 customers in the store and you needed to open 10 credit cards it sucks. But I understand that if we don't get the credit then they get it from their boss.

VERY Shady company to work for. Don't do it!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Port Orange, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

the discount was decent. I enjoyed most of my co-workers. Most of the customers were fairly pleasant to deal with. That's about it.

Cons

HORRIBLE management!! they do not know how to schedule people. I would consistently be out on for only 4 hours a week, then called in at the last minute because there was NEVER enough coverage on the floor. They would rather hire new people than give loyal employees hours. there is no communication, and when you try to resolve an issue you are ALWAYS passed off to someone else. The policies are so inconsistent - some people are allowed to get away wih murder, and I was fired for redeeming a $10 Kohl's cash a customer gave me. After THREE YEARS of service, I was treated like a common criminal. Management only cares about getting credit applications. I was miserable the whole time working there.

Your employees are human beings, not a piece of machinery. Nobody is treated with respect and everyone is seem as disposable. Give encouragement and maybe you would have people who are happy to work for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's