Kohl's

A good place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thorndale, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thorndale, PA

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

It is a great place to work at and the majority of workers there are friendly and easy to get along with. The salary is different according to what job you apply for at kohls. I worked there for only a short amount of time but that is not because I didn't enjoy it. I actually really liked working there. I quit because of personal issues going on in my life. Overall it was a great place to work at.

Cons

Sometimes you can be scheduled your whole weekend to work because the computer makes the schedules. However, it changes from week to week.

When there is a trainer coming in to train make sure that someone is available to show them what they are supposed to do. When I started this job for my first day no one was there at first. I had to go to customer service to figure out what I was supposed to be doing. When I've applied for other jobs and am in training it is more organized. There isn't really much else that I'd like to say.

2428 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

If you want to be on a winning team, be part of the Kohl's team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

I like the friendly and happy atmosphere. The people I work with are some of the best I've ever encountered. The discounts are great and they provide health benefits for both full and part time associates, both which provide good coverage.

Cons

You have to be available to work nights and weekends, and you will never have a holiday off except for Thanksgiving day and Christmas day.

Keep up the GREAT work, I love where your taking the company. And you will lead Kohl's to the TOP!

Expect nothing from Kohl's

Former Employee - Department Specialist in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Department Specialist in El Paso, TX

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

Clean and pretty place to work. Generally good quality merchandise. Kohl's is a recognizable name in the industry. Many bargains in the ads bring customers in on a regular basis

Cons

Lack of training is a real downside of working at Kohl's. Expectations of associates are unrealistic when minimal training is provided. Good reviews completely dependent on number of credit applications accomplished per month. Customers get tired of being constantly harangued to apply for credit cards.

Listen to your employees. Encourage suggestions. Train, train, train. Do not expect the impossible of your team leaders and associates when they do not know what is expected of them. Too many really fine workers leave in frustration and tears because they are treated badly and pushed beyond normal endurance.

I participated in opening a new store in the area. None of the new store management team had worked for Kohl's in the past, and none had opened a new corporate retail store anywhere. Chaos reigned throughout the process of getting it open. EVERYONE was required to participate in working the warehouse regardless of what they were actually hired to do or any particular health issues. However, no one was told of this before hand. No one received any safety training, and as a result there were many potentially very dangerous situations during the receiving and stocking process.

Training was talked about, but the trainer did not follow through with actually checking that it was ever accomplished. Department specialists were not allowed to actually set up or stock their areas but were required to know each and every detail about everything when finally allowed to report to their specialty station.

In general, more people quit than tried to stick it out until things smoothed out. In addition, due to this website I learned that department specialists were paid about 30% less than the position paid in other areas due to the low economic status of this particular community.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's