Kohl's

Will NOT go back

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

You can combine your coupons along with your associate discount.
Its 15% to start but you're best bet is to sign up for email and a kohls charge to get the maximum coupons.
Friendly co-workers
Flexible

Cons

No communication whatsoever between managers & employees. Everybody was doing something different.
ANNOYING customers get everything they want
Awful managers
PAY IS TERRIBLE!! I worked there for a year & a half - made practically nothing Compared to other retail stores who started out employees TWO dollars more!

2428 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

My experience was was good until I wanted to transfer and new too much

Current Employee - Kohls Department Associate
    Current Employee - Kohls Department Associate

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

benefits, flex hours, good first job in retail to learn

Cons

not enough communication between management to supervisors and assocaites. When assocaites have open availability and the skills to do the job yet get passed over for promotions by younger people who dont have the skills. Never enough payroll or time to the job we are suppose to do because corp keeps cutting the hours alloted for the job.

communicate change your handbook as did you know associates are not allowed to post anything on any of their socail media sites. Failure to comply with this results in write up and or termination and no promotions at all. In this day the policy should be posted on the break room wall and everyone should be aware of it.

Don't expect too much

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Stock options and a retirement savings program, and an associate discount program provide the two main reasons to work here.

Cons

For part timers, you will be working enough hours to call this a decent job IF you maintain full availability. If your availability is limited, your hours will also be limited, in some cases to the point where it is not worth it to keep your job.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's