Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,757 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

Overall my experience was poor due to Regional/Territorial Management team.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I worked at Kohl's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExciting product lines. They strive to design everything to be as efficient as possible ie fixtures, visual, reports etc. They research and test everything they roll out to death (this is a good thing they want to ensure if they bring it to the store that it works well and provides value.

ConsBecause Kohls strives to provide a nearly identical shopping experience to all customers--EVERYTHING is controlled centrally (at headquarters). So it is very difficult to change sets and customize merchandising, or inventory needs at the store level. Not unlike many other retailers directions is given with regard to how mannequins should be dressed but if a bow on a dress was not exactly like the picture you would be called on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR interferes way too much with basic associate issues. Just so you know prior to a corporate visit (which was a couple times a year) we would be told by DM and RVP to spend as much payroll as possible and then they would come back two-three days later and tell us we would HAVE to make payroll. This happened for EVERY visit in CA.

it was pretty much expected

Cashier (Former Employee)
Woodbury, MN

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros: my coworkers were pretty nice and friendly and the e3's… Cons: hated standing and having to smile and greet every customer,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

ok.....if your in college

MMJ Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for less than a year

Pros: great co-workers decent discounts on clearance and other clothes Cons: lousy pay,supervisors that are incompetent,inconsistant work days, high turnover Advice to Senior Management: raise the pay and listen to the associates No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.