Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,757 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

Customer Service policies engender bad customers.

POS Associate (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

ProsStore managers really care about the success of the individual stores and the company as a whole. The other employees are hard working and friendly. Community service opportunities are nice, and the schedule was very flexible. All of the policies for employees are very fair (regarding tardiness, attendance, etc...)

ConsCustomer service policies make customers think that they can be rude, lie, cheat, and steal, and that customer service associates must still bend over backwards to make them happy. Management will not support their employees in holding up company policy, which makes the customers think employees are uninformed/rude/incompetent. Customers were consistently disrespectful and rude, and management rarely defends the associates dealing with these situations, nor empowers them enough to defend themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not bend policies for customers; it teaches them to disrespect associates and demand to speak to a manager whenever they want a discount. Find a happy medium between asking customers for respect and offering to bend over backwards even when they lie and steal.

Overall my experience was poor due to Regional/Territorial Management team.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I worked at Kohl's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Exciting product lines. They strive to design everything to be as efficient as possible ie fixtures, visual, reports etc. They research and test… Cons: Because Kohls strives to provide a nearly identical shopping experience to all customers--EVERYTHING is controlled centrally (at headquarters). So it is very difficult to… Advice to Senior Management: HR interferes way too much with basic associate issues. Just so you know prior to a corporate visit (which was a couple times a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

it was pretty much expected

Cashier (Former Employee)
Woodbury, MN

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros: my coworkers were pretty nice and friendly and the e3's… Cons: hated standing and having to smile and greet every customer,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.