Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,947 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

1947 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Good high school job but company comes over employees

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
Rocky Point, NY

ProsGood with flexibility if you are in hs/college and working PT.
Can see clearance items before they get onto the floor.
15% discount; 30% during holidays.

ConsAs is probably the case with most retail - managers care more about making sales/credit application quotas than about associates.

I spent several years at customer service without ever getting promoted to cs on the payroll, despite others hired as cs but working POS getting paid the CS wage.

No loyalty to associates over customers. Have had instances where customer completely berated and insulted me in front of the manager and (despite the customer returning something that had clearly been stolen) the manager said nothing to the customer and even went out of his way to refund the item against store policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your associates who have been there for years and do a good job otherwise you will lose them.

flexible hours, nice place to work over all

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee)
    Levittown, NY

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for less than a year

Pros: nice people, flexible hours, great discount Cons: they push credit way too hard Advice to Senior Management: Stop punishing people for not being able to get enough credit.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A lot of input with little reward.

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros: Employee discount Paid vacation time after 1 yr Cons: Little training given when getting cross-trained Schedules are very unreliable. One week you will have 16 hours, the next you will have 0. Harassing customers to… Advice to Senior Management: Associates are not slaves, therefore you should not treat them as such. I really dislike how the managers seem to really play the "favorites" card.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.