Kohl's

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Kohl's Sales Associate

Former Employee - Misses/Juniors/Mens Sales Associate in Lone Tree, CO
Former Employee - Misses/Juniors/Mens Sales Associate in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Kohl's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managers were super nice
Generally easy work

Cons

Horrible training program
Rude/condescending coworkers, lots of gossip and talking about other employees
Fitting rooms always overflowing with clothes
Never enough employees working - always calling floor associates to registers and leaving departments unattended
Rude customers
Everything very unorganized and hectic all the time

Learn to train people well
Have more people working at a time
More organization in general

2367 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

You can end up with really lovely co-workers...but some of your managers won't be so lovely

Former Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Miramar, FL

I worked at Kohl's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Managers can be really nice sometimes
    - Get to interact with a lot of customers on a daily basis, so you develop customer service skills.
    - Develop sales skills due to credit card pushing
    - You'll meet lovely people in your co-workers

Cons

- Credit card goals are the main focus every single day...if you don't meet your goal, your managers can make you feel really terrible sometimes.
    - Very little hours. I worked part-time, so sometimes I just got 4 hours a week or none at all.
    - Raise was 15 cents...and I worked my butt off that year.

Try to connect more with your employees... encourage and reward them, don't make them feel terrible. Push customer service, not credit card goals.

Great place for an internship in retail !

Former Employee - Store Management Intern in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Store Management Intern in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Kohl's as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

If you have never worked retail before, you will learn a lot. Hands on training and you will learn about every area of the store. You are considered part of the executive staff, so you spend time with district and regional managers.They invest a lot into their interns and how good your experience is is really based on how much you put in to it. I got to fly out of state for my orientation and they have a three day conference in Milwaukee for interns and MITs and it was really fun and they pay was competitive.

Cons

Your experience will differ depending on the store you are located at and if you are with other interns or not. Really big on not going over hours so they send you home and it left the store understaffed at times , and also which cuts into your learning and you can't finish tasks on time. Making credit is big too, so performance for associates based on if making goals or not. At times i felt that I was in the way and there was no time for me.

Send interns to stores with an executive staff that is better prepared and experienced with having them so they can make the most out of their experience and time with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's