Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,950 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

1950 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great place for an internship in retail !

Store Management Intern (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

ProsIf you have never worked retail before, you will learn a lot. Hands on training and you will learn about every area of the store. You are considered part of the executive staff, so you spend time with district and regional managers.They invest a lot into their interns and how good your experience is is really based on how much you put in to it. I got to fly out of state for my orientation and they have a three day conference in Milwaukee for interns and MITs and it was really fun and they pay was competitive.

ConsYour experience will differ depending on the store you are located at and if you are with other interns or not. Really big on not going over hours so they send you home and it left the store understaffed at times , and also which cuts into your learning and you can't finish tasks on time. Making credit is big too, so performance for associates based on if making goals or not. At times i felt that I was in the way and there was no time for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementSend interns to stores with an executive staff that is better prepared and experienced with having them so they can make the most out of their experience and time with the company.

Company good. Store management horrible

Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Spokane, WA

I worked at Kohl's full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good work life balance. Freedom to do things as I… Cons: Pay comparable to the low end of my position with another company. The upper management in the store was allowed to skirt rules… Advice to Senior Management: Follow the rules and regulations. Have parity with the associates. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

liked working for kohls, just not this particular store

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee)
    Flint, MI

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great company to work for, great discounts, clothes are awesome Cons: The managers where mean and nasty, you couldn't do anything right. especially if you are a cashier. I was told there was always room to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.