There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Great place for an internship in retail !

Former Employee - Store Management Intern  in  San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Store Management Intern in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Kohl's as an intern for less than a year

Pros

If you have never worked retail before, you will learn a lot. Hands on training and you will learn about every area of the store. You are considered part of the executive staff, so you spend time with district and regional managers.They invest a lot into their interns and how good your experience is is really based on how much you put in to it. I got to fly out of state for my orientation and they have a three day conference in Milwaukee for interns and MITs and it was really fun and they pay was competitive.

Cons

Your experience will differ depending on the store you are located at and if you are with other interns or not. Really big on not going over hours so they send you home and it left the store understaffed at times , and also which cuts into your learning and you can't finish tasks on time. Making credit is big too, so performance for associates based on if making goals or not. At times i felt that I was in the way and there was no time for me.

Send interns to stores with an executive staff that is better prepared and experienced with having them so they can make the most out of their experience and time with the company.

2141 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Company good. Store management horrible

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Supervisor  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Supervisor in Spokane, WA

I worked at Kohl's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance. Freedom to do things as I saw fit. Co-workers were for the most part the biggest positive.

Cons

Pay comparable to the low end of my position with another company. The upper management in the store was allowed to skirt rules and regulations. When reported it was swept under the rug. The management of the store had favorites and did not hide it from others

Follow the rules and regulations. Have parity with the associates.

liked working for kohls, just not this particular store

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Flint, MI

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for, great discounts, clothes are awesome

Cons

The managers where mean and nasty, you couldn't do anything right. especially if you are a cashier. I was told there was always room to "move up" but every time I asked to train in another department they would say can't right now.. and yet i would see someone else be trained in that exact department a week or so later. so frustrating.
    My hours where so flip floppy it was ridiculous. I would have 35 one week and 5 the next. couple times went 3 weeks with no hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!