Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
  www.kohlscorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Great place for an internship in retail !

Former Employee - Store Management Intern in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Store Management Intern in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Kohl's as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

If you have never worked retail before, you will learn a lot. Hands on training and you will learn about every area of the store. You are considered part of the executive staff, so you spend time with district and regional managers.They invest a lot into their interns and how good your experience is is really based on how much you put in to it. I got to fly out of state for my orientation and they have a three day conference in Milwaukee for interns and MITs and it was really fun and they pay was competitive.

Cons

Your experience will differ depending on the store you are located at and if you are with other interns or not. Really big on not going over hours so they send you home and it left the store understaffed at times , and also which cuts into your learning and you can't finish tasks on time. Making credit is big too, so performance for associates based on if making goals or not. At times i felt that I was in the way and there was no time for me.

Send interns to stores with an executive staff that is better prepared and experienced with having them so they can make the most out of their experience and time with the company.

2379 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Company good. Store management horrible

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Supervisor in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Supervisor in Spokane, WA

I worked at Kohl's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Freedom to do things as I saw fit. Co-workers were for the most part the biggest positive.

Cons

Pay comparable to the low end of my position with another company. The upper management in the store was allowed to skirt rules and regulations. When reported it was swept under the rug. The management of the store had favorites and did not hide it from others

Follow the rules and regulations. Have parity with the associates.

Don't expect great things working there.

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Kohl's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, consistent hours, great discounts for the employees and their families and friends.

Cons

Soliciting credit, poor management in most departments.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's