Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com

1985 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great friendly environment, very low wage and minimal hours though

Cashier (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsPeople are quite happy working there, the team is really involved and management is excellent with staying on top of things and ensuring everyone knows what is going on. Help is always a few steps away and for the most part, customers are quite pleasant too!

ConsSporadic scheduling. I'll work 8 hours one week and 30 another. Very unreliable scheduling though they do work around your own flexibility. I would like to work more hours and the tiny pay is certainly nothing to smile about. I make just over minimum wage and I've been in retail/customer service for 12 years. It's a slap in the face to my skill level and accomplishments in the work field. For a multi million dollar corporation, you'd think they would at least make an attempt to pay people a competitive wage. I'm 30 and make the same amount as a 16 year old. It's insulting. Also, the 15% employee discount is usually LESS than what customers get. We get it more frequently, but I cringe giving 30% off to customers and they get better deals and perks than I do as an associate. I believe we should get 20% to be fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees based on experience, skill level and accomplishments... Not just your bare minimum. I love working at Kohls, but I'll be jumping on another job that will pay me what I deserve to make.

Good management and opportunities; still retail.

Jewelry Associate (Former Employee) Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros: -Flexible scheduling and good work/life balance -Decent opportunities for advancement -Strong communication… Cons: -It's still retail - customers are often inconsiderate, rude, messy,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Hassle Free Returns= Comfortable shopping

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Hassle free returns, Store discounts, email discounts, senior citizen discounts… Cons: Selective mailing system where all the good coupons never reach… Advice to Senior Management: Your associates should be trained on other things beyond how… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!