Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,951 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

1951 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great friendly environment, very low wage and minimal hours though

Cashier (Current Employee)
Clearwater, FL

ProsPeople are quite happy working there, the team is really involved and management is excellent with staying on top of things and ensuring everyone knows what is going on. Help is always a few steps away and for the most part, customers are quite pleasant too!

ConsSporadic scheduling. I'll work 8 hours one week and 30 another. Very unreliable scheduling though they do work around your own flexibility. I would like to work more hours and the tiny pay is certainly nothing to smile about. I make just over minimum wage and I've been in retail/customer service for 12 years. It's a slap in the face to my skill level and accomplishments in the work field. For a multi million dollar corporation, you'd think they would at least make an attempt to pay people a competitive wage. I'm 30 and make the same amount as a 16 year old. It's insulting. Also, the 15% employee discount is usually LESS than what customers get. We get it more frequently, but I cringe giving 30% off to customers and they get better deals and perks than I do as an associate. I believe we should get 20% to be fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees based on experience, skill level and accomplishments... Not just your bare minimum. I love working at Kohls, but I'll be jumping on another job that will pay me what I deserve to make.

Expect to Be Tired, Frustrated and Angry

Stocking and Cashier (Former Employee)
    Shelby Township, MI

I worked at Kohl's part-time for less than a year

Pros: They'll take anybody. If you desperately need money, apply here. Cons: They'll take anybody. Interview process is insulting and meant to reduce you to being just another replaceable cog in their money machine. Pathetic… Advice to Senior Management: What management? It's a heartless, clueless plutocracy. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

home lead

Home Lead (Current Employee)
    Rockwall, TX

I have been working at Kohl's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: great health benefits thats all I could say Cons: Kohls has no opportunity for advancement. I want to move up, but i… Advice to Senior Management: learn how to treat associate humans No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.