There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Good management and opportunities; still retail.

Former Employee - Jewelry Associate in Fort Myers, FL
Former Employee - Jewelry Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Kohl's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Flexible scheduling and good work/life balance -Decent opportunities for advancement -Strong communication between all levels of employees -Good compensation for the position

Cons

-It's still retail - customers are often inconsiderate, rude, messy, and just awful -Have to sell credit cards

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

Great friendly environment, very low wage and minimal hours though

Current Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are quite happy working there, the team is really involved and management is excellent with staying on top of things and ensuring everyone knows what is going on. Help is always a few steps away and for the most part, customers are quite pleasant too!

Cons

Sporadic scheduling. I'll work 8 hours one week and 30 another. Very unreliable scheduling though they do work around your own flexibility. I would like to work more hours and the tiny pay is certainly nothing to smile about. I make just over minimum wage and I've been in retail/customer service for 12 years. It's a slap in the face to my skill level and accomplishments in the work field. For a multi million dollar corporation, you'd think they would at least make an attempt to pay people a competitive wage. I'm 30 and make the same amount as a 16 year old. It's insulting. Also, the 15% employee discount is usually LESS than what customers get. We get it more frequently, but I cringe giving 30% off to customers and they get better deals and perks than I do as an associate. I believe we should get 20% to be fair.

Advice to Management

Pay employees based on experience, skill level and accomplishments... Not just your bare minimum. I love working at Kohls, but I'll be jumping on another job that will pay me what I deserve to make.

2. Hassle Free Returns= Comfortable shopping

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at Kohl's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hassle free returns, Store discounts, email discounts, senior citizen discounts once a week.

Cons

Selective mailing system where all the good coupons never reach my house, ever! Poor training of associates.

Advice to Management

Your associates should be trained on other things beyond how to use a register. They need to learn good customer service.