Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,746 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

DO NOT expect great things!

Associate (Current Employee)
Mantua, NJ

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

ProsDecent employee discount. Nice break room.

ConsNO work life balance because the work hours are inconsistent. You will work until 11:30pm and be back to work by 7:30am. Super low pay scale with high expectations. Yearly reviews are a joke. Was given a great evauation but it had to be changed because the manager is not allowed to give out evaluations that have the highest marks. I was told there is a scale that must be followed and a lot of the evaluations had to be changed to follow company protocol. So, my evaluation was tweaked to reflect company protocol and my scores were lowered slightly.....but I wasn't supposed to tell you that. The manager told me I shouldn 't have been told about that policy but I guess it slipped out.. POOR training...basically thrown to the wolves. No communication between management and associates. If you are a mind reader you will excel. Made to take verbal abuse from customers with a smile. Whatever the customer wants they get because they say so. No support for individual departments from management. Female management goes to lunch together and leaves an associate in the manage'ssupervisor's role while they eat. Associates not all treated th same. FAVORTISM!

Advice to Senior ManagementAll management should know how each department runs in Kohl's. Hearing I don't know when I ask a question is not a good answer. If you are young and in charge remember you do not have the life experiences and work experiences to be a truly effective leader. Your department supervisors make Kohl's what it is. Stop taking responsibility for what the asociates do.

No leadership or communication, poor management

Visual (Former Employee)
Washington, MO

I worked at Kohl's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Discount Flexible hours stack coupons employee shop days Cons: The management is very poor. I knew how to do more than all the managers there. The store manager is all about politics and promotes… Advice to Senior Management: Get some skills and recognize real talent. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The co-workers are awesome, the management, not so much.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)
East Peoria, IL

I worked at Kohl's part-time for less than a year

Pros: I honestly cant think of any... Cons: minimum wage not much room for improvement HORRIBLE management Advice to Senior Management: My advice to the management would be to learn how to deal with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.