There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Waste of my life

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Tukwila, WA
Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Discounts are ok and some of the people you work with are amazing at their job

Cons

If you are good at your job you wont get a promotion. They give it to the people that they want to keep in one spot.

2141 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

DO NOT expect great things!

Current Employee - Associate  in  Mantua, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate in Mantua, NJ

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent employee discount. Nice break room.

Cons

NO work life balance because the work hours are inconsistent. You will work until 11:30pm and be back to work by 7:30am. Super low pay scale with high expectations. Yearly reviews are a joke. Was given a great evauation but it had to be changed because the manager is not allowed to give out evaluations that have the highest marks. I was told there is a scale that must be followed and a lot of the evaluations had to be changed to follow company protocol. So, my evaluation was tweaked to reflect company protocol and my scores were lowered slightly.....but I wasn't supposed to tell you that. The manager told me I shouldn 't have been told about that policy but I guess it slipped out.. POOR training...basically thrown to the wolves. No communication between management and associates. If you are a mind reader you will excel. Made to take verbal abuse from customers with a smile. Whatever the customer wants they get because they say so. No support for individual departments from management. Female management goes to lunch together and leaves an associate in the manage'ssupervisor's role while they eat. Associates not all treated th same. FAVORTISM!

All management should know how each department runs in Kohl's. Hearing I don't know when I ask a question is not a good answer. If you are young and in charge remember you do not have the life experiences and work experiences to be a truly effective leader. Your department supervisors make Kohl's what it is. Stop taking responsibility for what the asociates do.

No leadership or communication, poor management

Former Employee - Visual  in  Washington, MO
    Former Employee - Visual in Washington, MO

I worked at Kohl's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discount
    Flexible hours
    stack coupons
    employee shop days

Cons

The management is very poor. I knew how to do more than all the managers there. The store manager is all about politics and promotes people who are way under qualified just because theyre all buddy buddy with them. The store manager knows how to do the registers and thats about it.

Get some skills and recognize real talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!