Horrible management

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate  in  Gilbert, AZ
Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros

They will give you more hours if you ask for it.

Cons

Management do not care about their customers. I called a manager because a customer got hurt (store policy that sales floor associates call managers) and they said they would come but they never did. Store policy said I would know my schedule two weeks in advance, instead I would have to wait the day before to see if I worked the next day.

Care about your employees. Don't just stand next to the cashier during closing hours when there are no customers, why not go fold some clothes nearby.

Other Reviews for Kohl's

Poor Training

Current Employee - Cust Service  in  Sanford, FL
    Current Employee - Cust Service in Sanford, FL

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some friendly co-workers who don't mind helping the newbie.

Cons

Un believable lack of training. Seasonal help, get thrown into the mix, and are expected to know the registers with very minimal training.

When new hires are hired, CBT training is nothing, but watching how to behave towards customers and answer the follow up questions. Then you have a little register training which in my case and 2 others with me, meant standing at a register with a thick book and left alone to read and practice on the register. Well if your alone and can't even sign on, because you weren't shown, there was no point. Then the actual day you are scheduled to work, you shadowed someone, and in my case it was so much to learn and remember it was impossible, after STILL no register training I personally was put into Customer service and trained or lack of by a person who was leaving the state in a few days so that was again, no training because she was interested in not training properly. Then I was left alone a few days later. There are so many scenarios that come up on a register for helping a customer that I had no clue of how to handle, I had to call E3's constantly and they were annoyed over this, I learned returns, payments and sale ring ups by by self. I understand the supervisors can only do so much, because this is the way corporate wants it. Holidays are next week, I hope I survive.

Overworked, under appreciated

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kohl's full-time for more than a year

Pros

-benefits (vacation, 401k)
    -discount
    -customer service promise

Cons

-worked a lot of fluctuating schedules (overnights to early mornings, to late nights)
    -poorly managed logistical process
    -too many skus in the building to manage
    -low number of employees to support guest service and traffic flow

they are working to improve their processes and streamline how stores are managed. Keep pushing the bar higher.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!