There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

A lot of work, for little pay.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Millbury, MA
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Millbury, MA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great fellow Employees
Good Highshool job for starting out
Fairly flexible schedule

Cons

Minimum wage even, at Customer Service desk.
Have to push credit cards. Their whole focus is CREDIT, you can open 7 credit cards in a 6 hour shift and they will just ask for me.

Advice to Management

Don't push Credit so much!! We understand that is how you get your bonus, but we aren't getting an incentive for it (only .50 cents an app, which is a rip off)

reviews filtered by
  1. Sales Associate

Former Employee - MMJ Sales Associate in Stafford, VA
    Former Employee - MMJ Sales Associate in Stafford, VA

I worked at Kohl's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Time and a half on holidays. Food on holidays. Rewards for getting "credits"

Cons

Expect you to do large impossible amounts of work on your own. Not enough people scheduled to work on a daily basis. Managers don't really listen to what you have to say and expect you to do everything to make the stores look nice. You have to give the customer any price they want even if its way cheaper. All the managers care about is getting "credits"!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees before you lose them all! Their opinions matter.

Simplistic job with decent pay

Current Employee - Kohl's Distribution Center Sesasonal Associate in Monroe, OH
    Current Employee - Kohl's Distribution Center Sesasonal Associate in Monroe, OH

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work (though repetitious) is extremely easy no matter which department you are assigned to. The pay is decent, and the employee discounts are fantastic! They maintain a clean, well maintained work environment.

Cons

While working for this company I have noticed that quite a few upper management personnel, aside from any supervisor I have come in contact with on the main floor, are quick to undermine people. This mainly pertaining to the floor operations personnel. I realize that they must deal with complications involving people who are not always capable of understanding or following the rules. However, they fail to take into consideration that not every employee there has the mentality of a two year old, and thus shouldn't be treated as such. I have come into contact with several people from upper management who were extremely rude and quick to play the part of a prison warden. I believe that when correcting someone, it should be addressed in a respectful, and more private manner. Especially when they are fully aware that new people aren't often the most knowledgeable of their surroundings.

There is also Insufficient lack of training and information with this company.

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees with respect.