There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Good experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Jackson, MI
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Jackson, MI

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good experience for getting your foot into the door with customer service. Good employee discount, laid-back atmosphere, don't feel too stressed out at work. Company treats their employees well.

Cons

For a cashier or sales associate, there is too much emphasis put on soliciting credit. It seemed more important to them than sales numbers or anything else.

2146 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Customers can expect great things-- sometimes employees can too.

Current Employee - Customer Service Area Supervisor  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Area Supervisor in Reno, NV

I have been working at Kohl's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits for all employees, even part time. 401k and ESOP plan for all. Paid holidays. Promote from within.

Cons

Not enough control of management in stores. Workload is exhausting.Credit goals are excessive.

Balance quality of life in stores, as is Kohls guidelines. Enforce policies that store managers do not.

Illusions of a good work environment.

Current Employee - Overnight Associate  in  Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Overnight Associate in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some managers will compromise with your schedule, but only if it benefits them or the store.

Cons

Not enough hours weekly, Favoritism towards certain employees, Minimal annual raise

I am sure this probably won't get to corporate human resources, but in case it somehow does, I don't find it fair and just for some managers to favor certain employees over others. I have been with this company for 6 years, now going on my 7th, and I have often voiced my desire to move up within the store, but every time I approach my store manager, I get brushed away with excuses. Meanwhile, the store manager will promote 3 employees. This is not the only issue I have with this company, I currently rent an apartment and have several bills, just like any other person, but I do not see how one can survive, pay bills and rent, working only 1 day a week. I have often told the store manager and the assistant managers, that I am open and willing to come in and work as a cashier or a sales associate, but yet again, I am brushed off. I fear that I will not be able to pay my rent or be able to put food on my table. I have been a loyal employee for the past 6 years of my life. I have given up so much within my time of employment for the good of the store. I am disgusted at the way they disregard their employees. I am currently looking for another job so I may leave this place of employment.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!