There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Kohl's is a GREAT company to work for!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent time-off benefits including compensation for extra days worked at Christmas. Competitive salaries. Opportunities to develop skills. High employee satisfaction. Culture of recognition for outstanding performance and appreciation for work performed. Great MIT and Intern program. Concern for work/life balance. Good insurance and 401k.

Cons

This business is open all hours--VERY early mornings and VERY late nights plus overnight work required of managers and associates. As in all retail, management varies from store to store and your in-store experience may be subject to who's at the helm. Demands for a high head count adds staff to the team who don't get enough hours. Payroll is tight.

Advice to Management

Please fund the kind of customer service we're trying for. Otherwise keep up the good work!

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company for part time position.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate

I have been working at Kohl's part-time

Pros

Great team environment for a feeling of working together to accomplish a common goal. Haven't had a manager I did not enjoy working with either.

Cons

Not a great deal of opportunities for promotions on the sales floor after becoming a department lead. Staying late to close at the end of the night can get frustrating.

Advice to Management

The customer service score is rough for the sales floor associates. Constantly scoring low on availability of associate, we have a hard time being available when we get few hours or are backing up at registers constantly.

2. Not enough training

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Kohl's does a great job at creating a non hostile work environment

Cons

Could be more structured with training and more orgnaized, workload is unreal sometimes

Advice to Management

better communication, more payroll for workload and training hours,

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's