There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Kohl's is a GREAT company to work for!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent time-off benefits including compensation for extra days worked at Christmas. Competitive salaries. Opportunities to develop skills. High employee satisfaction. Culture of recognition for outstanding performance and appreciation for work performed. Great MIT and Intern program. Concern for work/life balance. Good insurance and 401k.

Cons

This business is open all hours--VERY early mornings and VERY late nights plus overnight work required of managers and associates. As in all retail, management varies from store to store and your in-store experience may be subject to who's at the helm. Demands for a high head count adds staff to the team who don't get enough hours. Payroll is tight.

Advice to Management

Please fund the kind of customer service we're trying for. Otherwise keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. Good company for part time position.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate

I have been working at Kohl's part-time

Pros

Great team environment for a feeling of working together to accomplish a common goal. Haven't had a manager I did not enjoy working with either.

Cons

Not a great deal of opportunities for promotions on the sales floor after becoming a department lead. Staying late to close at the end of the night can get frustrating.

Advice to Management

The customer service score is rough for the sales floor associates. Constantly scoring low on availability of associate, we have a hard time being available when we get few hours or are backing up at registers constantly.

2. Great company - they really value work-life balance and have tons of opportunities for training and advancement.

I worked at Kohl's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, work environment, perks, and company culture. Management focuses on training and developing employees and keeping you on track to advance to the next level of your career. They recruit from colleges all around the country, so the mix of people working there is diverse. Everyone is generally welcoming and kind.

Cons

The corporate environment can feel suffocating at times, as can the location of the suburbs of Wisconsin. There can also be high stress and drama depending on the season.