There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

four and a half years and nothing to show for it

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Cold Spring, KY
Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Cold Spring, KY

I worked at Kohl's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedule and great people. perfect for someone going to school.

Cons

poor and uncaring management, unrealistic goals, only focused on one thing CREDIT CARDS!!! I worked at Kohl's for four and a half years as a full time supervisor while going to school and when I graduated and accepted a full time position in my field I asked to be cut back to a part time associate and work every other weekend. They told me they couldn't do this because it was policy, while there were six other people at my store who were currently working this. To say the least I put in my two week notice that day.

Advice to Management

be honest with associates.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Illusions of a good work environment.

Current Employee - Overnight Associate in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Overnight Associate in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some managers will compromise with your schedule, but only if it benefits them or the store.

Cons

Not enough hours weekly, Favoritism towards certain employees, Minimal annual raise

Advice to Management

I am sure this probably won't get to corporate human resources, but in case it somehow does, I don't find it fair and just for some managers to favor certain employees over others. I have been with this company for 6 years, now going on my 7th, and I have often voiced my desire to move up within the store, but every time I approach my store manager, I get brushed away with excuses. Meanwhile, the store manager will promote 3 employees. This is not the only issue I have with this company, I currently rent an apartment and have several bills, just like any other person, but I do not see how one can survive, pay bills and rent, working only 1 day a week. I have often told the store manager and the assistant managers, that I am open and willing to come in and work as a cashier or a sales associate, but yet again, I am brushed off. I fear that I will not be able to pay my rent or be able to put food on my table. I have been a loyal employee for the past 6 years of my life. I have given up so much within my time of employment for the good of the store. I am disgusted at the way they disregard their employees. I am currently looking for another job so I may leave this place of employment.

2. Very busy and over whelming!

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Woodstock, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Woodstock, GA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing extra discounts for employees

Cons

scheduling, management, micro managers, floor duties

Advice to Management

be fair, dont take advabtage of the good ones!