There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

four and a half years and nothing to show for it

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Cold Spring, KY
Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Cold Spring, KY

I worked at Kohl's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedule and great people. perfect for someone going to school.

Cons

poor and uncaring management, unrealistic goals, only focused on one thing CREDIT CARDS!!! I worked at Kohl's for four and a half years as a full time supervisor while going to school and when I graduated and accepted a full time position in my field I asked to be cut back to a part time associate and work every other weekend. They told me they couldn't do this because it was policy, while there were six other people at my store who were currently working this. To say the least I put in my two week notice that day.

be honest with associates.

reviews filtered by

Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large teams provide a support system. Benefits aren't the best I've seen, but they're pretty close (401K matching, vacation buyback, etc.) There are some very nice people who work there, and there are some people who do an exemplary job.

Cons

The environment is very intense, at times dog eat dog. Cross departmental communication is challenging and internal politics often get in the way of productivity. Very solid glass ceiling. Performance reviews aren't really tied to performance, but become more a cost of living increase.

Take a second look at the culture shift over the last decade and try to stem the attrition by understanding and appreciating true associate performance.

2. Hard work little pay

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in West Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in West Melbourne, FL

I worked at Kohl's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only pros I can think of are that it's a large company and there seemed to be room for advancement within the company

Cons

Very hard work, lifting thousands of boxes containing anything from clothes to microwaves onto a belt while working in a blistering hot trailer of a semi-truck with the sun beating down on it and no type of air flow or ventilation.

Pay your warehouse associates more for the grueling work they do

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's