Kohl's

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Overnight Unloader

Current Employee - Overnight Unloader in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Overnight Unloader in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paid Holidays and Vacation; 401K availability, 2 Personal Days, Limited Health plans available, work with a team of the same people giving you familiarity and friendliness.

Cons

Putting up with unrealistic goals set up by management; working in less than ideal condition on the dock - cramped space, cold in Winter, hot in summer. Having numerous managerial changes and then working within each one's "new" ideas.

Use common sense when assigning work and making realistic goals for unloading, back stocking, and replenishing. Done assign work that just utilizes time instead of putting product on the floor for the customer to see.

2428 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

four and a half years and nothing to show for it

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Cold Spring, KY
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Cold Spring, KY

I worked at Kohl's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedule and great people. perfect for someone going to school.

Cons

poor and uncaring management, unrealistic goals, only focused on one thing CREDIT CARDS!!! I worked at Kohl's for four and a half years as a full time supervisor while going to school and when I graduated and accepted a full time position in my field I asked to be cut back to a part time associate and work every other weekend. They told me they couldn't do this because it was policy, while there were six other people at my store who were currently working this. To say the least I put in my two week notice that day.

be honest with associates.

Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large teams provide a support system. Benefits aren't the best I've seen, but they're pretty close (401K matching, vacation buyback, etc.) There are some very nice people who work there, and there are some people who do an exemplary job.

Cons

The environment is very intense, at times dog eat dog. Cross departmental communication is challenging and internal politics often get in the way of productivity. Very solid glass ceiling. Performance reviews aren't really tied to performance, but become more a cost of living increase.

Take a second look at the culture shift over the last decade and try to stem the attrition by understanding and appreciating true associate performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's