There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Great Internship! Great Experience

Former Employee - Store Manager Intern  in  Acworth, GA
Former Employee - Store Manager Intern in Acworth, GA

I worked at Kohl's as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great experience of how stores operate

Cons

No Cons for company for me!

None

2177 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

A great atmosphere and strong leadership from upper level management.

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Supervisor  in  Southern Pines, NC
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Supervisor in Southern Pines, NC

I have been working at Kohl's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone within the store works as a team, and the pay is decent depending on what position you are in.

Cons

Scheduling would have to be the biggest down fall there just aren't enough hours for the store, and the loss prevention department itself is short handed.

The more you know...the more you need to get out of there

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in New York, NY

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This job is good for a high school student/college student, but it is not good for those who are seeking full time with a family to feed. You get an employee discount, and can use some coupons right along with your employee discount. Holiday pay is okay, but holiday pay depends on the days you work. The associates that work here are very cool people.

Cons

The pay is very low and the hours here suck. You spend the majority of your time fixing up your department, and it becomes stressful especially during busy days where they never schedule enough people to work on the floors. Eventually, they will choose whether to throw people in your department to help you or not to help you. The only time you will receive help is when the store is not at all busy, and they constantly throw people in your department that is already done because the closing managers wants to "get out on time". Yet when the store is a mess you receive no help at all, and end up getting out 1:00 in morning. You will be lucky if you get out early, but that rarely happens. There are a whole lot of scheduling conflicts because of favortism on the job. There are employees that never closed, and if they did they never had to recover and got a free pass to leave as soon as the store closes leaving the other employees to clean up the mess for the next hour or two. The worst part about closing is when the morning employees never do anything, and leave excessive amount of returns for you to do during your "five to six hour shift". There should not be an excuse as to why those who work the morning (an 8 hour shift) could not maintain their department. There are times when I come in the morning and I always make sure that I fix up my department and collect and do all the returns before the night associates come in that way closing wouldn't be as stressful for them as it is for me when I close on nights. They never seem to have cashiers on the registar and are constantly calling the floor associates to help ring up the items. Once you are done in your department you have go and help out another department, and the whole store has to be done before you can leave. The customers are often rude, and if you say something to them they are so quick to run and tell the management about how "unkind" you were to them. Ugh, the insanity that goes on in this place. They cut back on your hours and you may end up working one day a week, and that is not enough to help you survive for a day....everything about this place is beyond stressful.

hire a better management team

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!