Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
  www.kohlscorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Good place to work if you don't have real bills to pay!

Current Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My co-workers are amazing! They really are the best people and everyone really does want to help each other. It is always fun to work there and sometime the customers are nice and can really make the day go faster.

Cons

-Some of the customers are super super rude. They really talk down to the cashiers and the staff like they are better than you. I have a Bachelors degree and because of the economy needed to get what ever job I could to pay my student loans. Talking down to me because I am working point of sale and not working some fancy office job really gets to you. I know I am not alone in this.

-The management either loves you or hates you. Luckily because I am decent with credits they are nice to me but there is very little communication. After the holidays people just disappeared from the schedule and that is how they found out that they weren't kept on..

-Pay is awful. Maybe that is why they can give out coupons and and sales because they don't pay us anything. Everyone I work with has a second job and you are limited in what second jobs you can get. You can't have a second job in anything retail.

-They tell you they want to give you freedom to own part of the store customer service wise but really they just want you to sell credit cards. Customers hate when you ask and if you don't there go your hours and if you can make your bills or not. They seem to think that everyone over the age of 18 will and can get a card and that there is someone turning 18 every day. I feel like they should look at the state of the economy before pushing credit goals.

-Customers take advantage of you and the managers let them. Seriously they will bed over backwards to make someone happy and make you look like a stupid little employee because you didn't want to redeem their 6 month old Kohl's Cash COUPON. (Not real cash which people think it is....)

-None of the sales or promotions are explained to the staff or the customers so we have to honor whatever the customer thinks is right.

-Finally, there is not enough floor staff for the cashiers to use if they need help getting UPCs. Customers bring up items without tags and as a cashier you can't look for it so you call the floor staff which have their own things to do so you have to stand there trying to make small talk while the line grows and you wait.

It is hard to work there sometimes because of the above because the little pay they give you hardly makes it worth driving to work. And oh the management will ask you weekly if you as an employee has a Kohl's card and will pressure you into getting one if you don't. I won't get one.

Pay people what they are worth instead of enough to meet your bottom line and make your pockets fatter. Talk to us! We want to know what is going on where we work....and we want to know if we are doing a good job or anything. Credit goals are too high and really if you want us to push customer service don't let the customers treat us so badly.

2379 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

alright for starter job,or extra money

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kohl's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible hours,punctuality and missed day are understood if management is aware ahead of time.

Cons

lazy workers,pay sucks for expectations,

pay attention

Great Internship! Great Experience

Former Employee - Store Manager Intern in Acworth, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager Intern in Acworth, GA

I worked at Kohl's as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience of how stores operate

Cons

No Cons for company for me!

None