Kohl's

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Kohl's Depatment Store Review

Current Employee - POS in Moreno Valley, CA
Current Employee - POS in Moreno Valley, CA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

This store is very t eam-work oriented and pushes the core values during most times. There are a lot of friendly associates and people you can even make life long friendships with. There are many opportunities to make these friendships during the volunteer"a team" events, and even holidays banquets. Also there are some really good associate discounts throughout the year.

Cons

Managers will often try to get their work done or appear busy before helping you.One of my supervisors willl see the line with like 10 people and not even help. He will take his time to call for back up, and if no one responds he will just help bag or leave saying he has to go help so and so. Also another supervisor will always"appear" busy by walking around fast and telling everyone eles to do something while she just walks around and checks on everyone eles. She always tells the POS associates to put go backs away and "Get them KCs". Also, there is a lot of drama between some co-workers and even supervisors. On eof the sad things about the seasonal workers is that for each department we only take like one person . The way seasonals get picked for permanent is by the amount of KCS they get. A few of my friends were the friendliest of people to customers ,smiling ALLLL THE TIME,happy,energetic, and well-liked,(and even got service compliments) but they couldnt stay because they did not solicit credit. We only keep 3 POS's who get the most .Its not too fair because some POS associates are not even trained on how to sell credit like some of us are. Lastly there is not enough hours for all associates

please do not put soooooo much pressure on associates to get Kc's for the hours.Especially during times of recession. Also, please allow the Loss prevention to do more in regards to theft externally. They should be allowed to cary some form of weapon for protection because in moreno valley we have gotten ALOT of creeps and armed people.

2428 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

alright for starter job,or extra money

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kohl's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible hours,punctuality and missed day are understood if management is aware ahead of time.

Cons

lazy workers,pay sucks for expectations,

pay attention

Great Internship! Great Experience

Former Employee - Store Manager Intern in Acworth, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager Intern in Acworth, GA

I worked at Kohl's as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience of how stores operate

Cons

No Cons for company for me!

None