Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
  www.kohlscorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Decent job for college student or young adult. poor wages, no benefits

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Kohl's part-time

Pros

slightly higher than minimum wage

Cons

forcing credit cards down peoples throats

2417 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Managerial Internship

I worked at Kohl's as an intern

Pros

Very independent throughout the process

Cons

Got boring at times when there was nothing to work on

Very negativeplace to work

Current Employee - Current Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Current Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kohl's full-time

Pros

Good Management training program.
    Competative salary.

Cons

-I can't speak for the company as a whole, but the people I have worked for at Kohls are very negative people. You will never be congratulated on the 99 things you do right. Rather, you will be hammered on the 1 thing they find wrong. It is almost like a game to see how bad they can make you feel about your worth to the company.
    -Payroll is a joke. If you are a manager, expect to work a lot of 6 day weeks and 12-14 hour days to make up for the lack of staffing.
    -If you get a visit from anyone higher than a District Manager, you will be expected to work 20 hour days and spend all the payroll you can. Then, you will have to work even longer the rest of the month because you will have to cut payroll to make the month. Here is the thing I don't understand....Do the Corporate level executives not understand that they are being lied to when they walk a store? Do they not get that 3 times the regular payroll was spent prepping for that visit? It seams to me that they want to be lied to. If it were me, I would want to see what my stores really looked like on a day to day basis.
    -A lot of metrics that they track daily. Most of these can be manipulated if you lacking integrity. There are so many managers in this company that cheat on these metrics (especially customer service and price change compliance) that the honest ones look like they are doing a bad job.

We need new leadership at the top. Stop putting so much focus on metrics and more on integrity. For god sakes, give the store's the payroll they need t get the job done so the store management can have a life outside of work.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's