kohl s experience

Current Employee - Department Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Department Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

flexible schedule, paid time off

Cons

pay, management, under staffed, over worked, under appreciated

Advice to Management

be more professional

reviews filtered by
  1. Illusions of a good work environment.

Current Employee - Overnight Associate in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Overnight Associate in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some managers will compromise with your schedule, but only if it benefits them or the store.

Cons

Not enough hours weekly, Favoritism towards certain employees, Minimal annual raise

Advice to Management

I am sure this probably won't get to corporate human resources, but in case it somehow does, I don't find it fair and just for some managers to favor certain employees over others. I have been with this company for 6 years, now going on my 7th, and I have often voiced my desire to move up within the store, but every time I approach my store manager, I get brushed away with excuses. Meanwhile, the store manager will promote 3 employees. This is not the only issue I have with this company, I currently rent an apartment and have several bills, just like any other person, but I do not see how one can survive, pay bills and rent, working only 1 day a week. I have often told the store manager and the assistant managers, that I am open and willing to come in and work as a cashier or a sales associate, but yet again, I am brushed off. I fear that I will not be able to pay my rent or be able to put food on my table. I have been a loyal employee for the past 6 years of my life. I have given up so much within my time of employment for the good of the store. I am disgusted at the way they disregard their employees. I am currently looking for another job so I may leave this place of employment.

2. Overnight Unloader

Current Employee - Overnight Unloader in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Overnight Unloader in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid Holidays and Vacation; 401K availability, 2 Personal Days, Limited Health plans available, work with a team of the same people giving you familiarity and friendliness.

Cons

Putting up with unrealistic goals set up by management; working in less than ideal condition on the dock - cramped space, cold in Winter, hot in summer. Having numerous managerial changes and then working within each one's "new" ideas.

Advice to Management

Use common sense when assigning work and making realistic goals for unloading, back stocking, and replenishing. Done assign work that just utilizes time instead of putting product on the floor for the customer to see.