Good management experience

Current Employee - Store Manager Intern in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Store Manager Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As as intern, we were thrown on the floor to learn how to manage associates, on a daily basis. We were assigned at least 4 hours of manager on duty. This gave interns a lot of experience. The internship that i was in, i learned a lot, and was not treated as an extra associate, meaning that I wasn't put on the cashier all day. I was given a manager duties. We unloaded trucks as well, to learn about that aspect of the company.

Cons

Other interns, depending on which store you are in, were given the task to be cashiers all day. That is not part of the program.

Advice to Management

Let interns know what they should do when they have free time.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. Takes advantage of employees

Former Employee - POS Associate in Millville, NJ
    Former Employee - POS Associate in Millville, NJ

I worked at Kohl's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big discount a few times a year

Cons

low pay, not enough hours, no recognition of good work ethic

Advice to Management

Give employees longer shifts than 4 hours, give better wages, and give more recognition to those who work hard.

2. Typical Retail

Current Employee - Replenishment Associate in Gig Harbor, WA
    Current Employee - Replenishment Associate in Gig Harbor, WA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work at the Gig Harbor and for the most part everyone is nice when it comes to management, and the employees are nice too. If you are responsible, work, and don't complain about your job with other workers you should be good.

Cons

The hours are pathetic. I'm replenishment and only get 10 hours a week and usually less than that. Khol's does NOT give out good hours so this will have to be a second job. Also, when you are trained they teach you "company standard" but when you actually get out on the floor it may be different and some managers "change things" while they all know this some managers still complain about employees not knowing what do to.

Advice to Management

Treat all associates the same; with respect and do not show favor to the ones who are good at getting credit apps. Give your workers more hours, and stop with all of the lame "game day" and "prize day" shenanigan and just gives us more hours to work.