Kohl's

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Great Company, Lousy Hours

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Kohl's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great employee training program, good teamwork atmosphere. Keeping customers happy was easy because they put a lot of power in the hands of employees.

Cons

It's retail, so the hours are lousy. That's why I left. It also gets really busy during Christmas, back to school, etc.
Also, if you're not comfortable soliciting credit applications, don't take this job. Your managers will be pushing you to do it every day.

Your employee base would be unprecedented if you upgraded their pay and hours.

2367 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Love it, so far great job.

Current Employee - Freight Associate in Hermitage, PA
    Current Employee - Freight Associate in Hermitage, PA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work conditions, awsome management personal. Just really like my job. The peole I work for and with are great.

Cons

None so far. Look forward to a long work experience with Kohl's.

Keep it up, love my job and look forward to great things.

Great company :)

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Orange City, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Orange City, FL

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been here almost two years, and I work on the sales floor. I've learned so much, I can do almost about anything (without the exception of managing). While it can get hectic during the major holidays, year round it's overall a nice place to work. We get a good discount, vacation time, 401k benefits, health, vision, and dental too. Even tuition reimbursement. My management team is very helpful and they listen to us quite often. Work/Life balance is good too. Sometimes they can't always accommodate that, but they really try their best. To perk us up, my managers will hand out candy, or they'll bring in food. One morning they made us waffles and pancakes to thank us for our hard work. :) They actually do this quite a bit, to be honest. I like my managers just for the fact that they care about us and want us to be happy. It's really good to have that morale. I see here in other reviews some employees don't have such morale or don't feel respected. Every store is different. I got lucky I guess. My store is awarded best in our district almost every year, and working there it really shows. I work with a great team. :)

Cons

Operating hours can go well into midnight around Christmas.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's