Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

It is a job cannot count on hours

Current Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Northborough, MA
Current Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Northborough, MA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

great co workers most everyone tries to help you when you need help, fellow floor and point of sale people are always cheerful

Cons

cannot count on hours varies to much your schedule is not always posted until the end of the week for the next so cannot plan anything as you might have to work that day. They hound the cashiers to get credit and emails from customers, if you do not they do not give you the hours

make sure the schedule is out in advance so employees can make plans and stop switching days and hours every week.

2541 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Move On if Looking to Build a Career

Former Employee - Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Kohl's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good group of coworkers.
    Fellow associates are helpful.
    Stores are designed well and clean.
    Good training programs for Associates.

Cons

Schedulingt - most employees grumble the day schedule comes out. Too many weekends with no weekends off, no guarantee of hours, not enough hours, hours flluctuate too much to consider this your primary job, new hires with restricted availability given better hours than those with no restrictions.
    Salary is minimum wage even with experience. Store discounts don't make up for poverty level salary.
    Management - most department managers young and immature. Equal focus should be on developing young managers as on customer service skills of associates.
    Merchandise - can do a couple $1,000 of returns in a single day. Merchandise especially Kohl's brands are poor quality. No Hassle Return Policy probably reason employees only make minimum wage. Kohls takes anything back no matter when purchased and condition - has to be a money loser. And Kohl's cash - constant battle to explain to customers and to get them to understand when items are returned you lose the cash.
    Routines - many things are done because they have always been done "that way" even if they are an inconvenience to customer and take more of associates time. Certain routines need updated to make processes more efficient.

Have never seen a district manager in store. Might be a good idea to have observations of management.

Wasn't very enjoyable

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Kohl's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I loved my coworkers, got to meet new people everyday

Cons

Scheduling was unorganized, when closing I had to stay longer than scheduled every time, i was pressured to make people sign up for credit cards which made me feel bad and if I didn't reach my goal they would get mad, I was never told when I would be let go (seasonal) they just completely stopped giving me hours

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's