Kohl's

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Management Style Needs Restructuring

Former Employee - Area Supervisor in South Bend, IN
Former Employee - Area Supervisor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Kohl's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast pace, decent benefits for a retailer. Provides every other weekend off for management. Stores are fairly clean and do provide a safe working enviorment.

Cons

Not enough hours to staff floor. Customers can wait for up to fifteen mins to find any help. Checkout too long. Again, not enough staff. I'm sure this isn't true in all stores but in the one i was at the store managers expected the supervisors to do their jobs as well. Which put us behind. You have to lead by example, not from behind a desk or in an office. Not in retail.

Lead by example. Set the standard for the store. Don't ask your staff to do what you yourself aren't willing to do. This earns respect, which is what will keep people dedicated to you and the store. Believe me its not the pay that keeps them there.

2546 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

The people are great. The culture of Kohl's is really positive and they give back a lot to the community. There is a lot of opportunity for growth!

Cons

There are some communication issues between corporate and different areas of the company.

young company with lots to learn

Current Employee - ASM in New York, NY
    Current Employee - ASM in New York, NY

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

are allowed to do anything to help a customer. good pay for management

Cons

Higher pay for outside talent, continuous added workload without any extra resources.constant new programs with little direction

take your time in growing company, growing too fast and can not be monitored. Leadership rarely in stores now compared to earlier days. Too many markdowns learn how to distribute merchandise better to stores no need to have hundreds of the same items that are not selling and not enough of things that do. Can not start locating merchandise without controlling what comes into stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's