There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Work hard = No gain

Former Employee - Trucking and Replenishing Associate  in  Manteca, CA
Former Employee - Trucking and Replenishing Associate in Manteca, CA

I worked at Kohl's part-time for less than a year

Pros

I felt professional and respected, even admired while I worked there. They told me that I could be kept if I worked hard enough so that motivated me to do my best. The store was clean, and the original workers took to me quickly. They hoped I had the job because they really liked me around.

Cons

They laid me off,
I unloaded the truck fast, was never late, I rode my bike to work in the rain and dense fog with semi trucks blaring by me almost sucking me into the road because there were no sidewalks... but nonetheless I still made it. I dressed professionally, black slacks, belt, and a button up collard shirt. I always took the extra shifts, and I never argued.. nothing.. I was great there. Then one day I picked up my weekly schedule and it was blank. I asked if I should come back next week and they said "probably not". I asked if they would call me if they needed a hand 2 weeks from now and this person said "sure". My heart sunk, I knew I had just been let go unprofessionally after all my effort to dress to impress.. to dress for the job.. to out perform. I got played. They got the most usage out of me with a fake carrot at the end of the stick. I felt ripped off. This job was 4 years ago. Had I been kept I could have climbed and continued to do great for Kohl's.

Allow temporary/seasonal hires to replace your original workers. This will light some fire under those who have gotten "comfortable". This will also increase efficiency and performance of your employees greatly.
Regardless of my experience, I like the choices at Kohl's; I feel classy in the clothes I can get from their. I am tempted to wear my Kohl's nametag/badge and nicer clothes at a local Kohl's just to cause some trouble.. for payback :p

2156 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Pretty Good

Former Employee - POS Associate  in  Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - POS Associate in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Kohl's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Kohl's is a great first retail job, and a good way to get some experience in the customer service field. Super friendly, always helpful, and decent pay, definitely not a bad first job gig. The workers were friendly and helpful, always asking me to lunch when I first started. My pay started as 7.75 P/H then rose to 8.15 P/H after a month.

Cons

There's not too many in New York, and I had to travel quite far. Also, they mainly only hire for a seasonal period, so if your looking for more permanent work, this probably won't be a good place to look.

Not a bad job

Current Employee - Sale Associate  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Sale Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You can learn about every department and there are a lot of opportunities to move up

Cons

A lot is expected from one person. Thy dont understand it might take more than one person to finish a project

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!