There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Work hard = No gain

Former Employee - Trucking and Replenishing Associate in Manteca, CA
Former Employee - Trucking and Replenishing Associate in Manteca, CA

I worked at Kohl's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I felt professional and respected, even admired while I worked there. They told me that I could be kept if I worked hard enough so that motivated me to do my best. The store was clean, and the original workers took to me quickly. They hoped I had the job because they really liked me around.

Cons

They laid me off,
I unloaded the truck fast, was never late, I rode my bike to work in the rain and dense fog with semi trucks blaring by me almost sucking me into the road because there were no sidewalks... but nonetheless I still made it. I dressed professionally, black slacks, belt, and a button up collard shirt. I always took the extra shifts, and I never argued.. nothing.. I was great there. Then one day I picked up my weekly schedule and it was blank. I asked if I should come back next week and they said "probably not". I asked if they would call me if they needed a hand 2 weeks from now and this person said "sure". My heart sunk, I knew I had just been let go unprofessionally after all my effort to dress to impress.. to dress for the job.. to out perform. I got played. They got the most usage out of me with a fake carrot at the end of the stick. I felt ripped off. This job was 4 years ago. Had I been kept I could have climbed and continued to do great for Kohl's.

Allow temporary/seasonal hires to replace your original workers. This will light some fire under those who have gotten "comfortable". This will also increase efficiency and performance of your employees greatly.
Regardless of my experience, I like the choices at Kohl's; I feel classy in the clothes I can get from their. I am tempted to wear my Kohl's nametag/badge and nicer clothes at a local Kohl's just to cause some trouble.. for payback :p

reviews filtered by
  1. Pretty Good

Former Employee - POS Associate in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - POS Associate in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Kohl's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Kohl's is a great first retail job, and a good way to get some experience in the customer service field. Super friendly, always helpful, and decent pay, definitely not a bad first job gig. The workers were friendly and helpful, always asking me to lunch when I first started. My pay started as 7.75 P/H then rose to 8.15 P/H after a month.

Cons

There's not too many in New York, and I had to travel quite far. Also, they mainly only hire for a seasonal period, so if your looking for more permanent work, this probably won't be a good place to look.

Great place to work and great work/life balance!

Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Kohl's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer great benefits and many departments allow work from home. When I worked at Kohl's I worked from home 2 days a week. Some departments just work remotely. They benefits were excellent and the discount you get shopping at Kohl's makes a huge difference!

Cons

Parking is tough if at working at the main corporate office. Kohl's has satellite offices that have better parking situations but not as many perks as the main corporate building offers. Kohl's is a huge company with a lot of talented people so it may be a little difficult to move up and into other departments in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's