Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,947 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

1947 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Completely Dysfunctional

Manager (Current Employee)
Menomonee Falls, WI

ProsGreat cafeteria, great benefits for families, suburban location

ConsKohl's corporate environment is completely dysfunctional, which is likely due to unplanned rapid growth. It is hard to overstate the level of siloing in the IT organization. Worse yet, senior organizational leaders at the helm of IT work against hidden agendas actively pushing people on the ground to work against one another. What's more, they are staffing up fully duplicative positions across the silos without considering how these positions play together in the same ecosystem. As a result, the very culture of the IT organization along with the culture of those business partners working with them is starting to break down. Dedicated team members have a passion for this work and see what's possible, so they stick with it--working incredible hours to try to make it happen. These heroic efforts are not rewarded at all by leadership. It seems that Kohl's leadership forgets one key thing about employees--we're not machines. If Kohl's can resolve this dysfunction, I am optimistic that Kohl's can blow the competition out of the water. Many of us hang on because we see what's possible. If you are looking for an IT position right now, I recommend looking elsewhere. If you do decide to take a chance on Kohl's, do yourself a favor and don't lock yourself in to a contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture is falling apart due to dysfunction across the leadership team. If you set your hidden agendas aside and start working together, you can expect great things.

Decent until they harass you for credit

POS Associate (Current Employee)
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Flexible -Co workers are helpful -15 minute breaks rather than 10. Cons: -Managers on a consistent basis harass you for credit -Hours are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Frustrating place to work..sets you up to fail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits are ok, some nice people to work with Cons: Sets you up to fail,cut back on staffing and double… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.