Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
  www.kohlscorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Low pay, not enough employees and they work you to death.

Current Employee - Sale Associate in Commack, NY
Current Employee - Sale Associate in Commack, NY

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the discount is the only pro for working at this company.

Cons

They work you like a dog for very low pay. There is no recognition for the work that you do and management speaks to you very in very demeaning ways. It is horrible.

When you have people working for you for extremely low pay you need to speak to them with respect. You cannot work them like dogs all day and expect them to come back. This job has very high turnover.

2428 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Much work for not much pay, and for hours later than what the schedule says.

Former Employee - Home and Kids Employee in Lady Lake, FL
    Former Employee - Home and Kids Employee in Lady Lake, FL

I worked at Kohl's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My boss was really hot. That kept me there for at least four more months. And I needed the money.

Cons

Low pay, the necessity to push the Kohl's Charge, short closing shifts (4 hours isn't really enough to close an entire department properly) that typically ended up going late because of short hours given, and working later than scheduled time. If an employee is scheduled until 11pm, working until 2am and going to class at 7am doesn't really work (and no one gets to leave until the whole store is done!).

Great people, but lousy pay.

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kohl's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers
    Flexible with schedule
    Nice environment

Cons

Horrible pay. Starts off at the bare minimum wage and give a bad raise when you actually get one in the summer because everyone gets a raise in July no matter when you start. Mine was a 3% so I went up to 7.43 after working there hard for a year.
    Hard to get hours certain times of years, yet they constantly hire and train new people.

Help the people who already work there with getting hours then giving them to new untrained associates. Better recognition to the people who work hard every night to get the store back in shape.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's