Kohl's

Kol's Sales Associate-Part time

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate In Home/KidsAble in Irwin, PA
Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate In Home/KidsAble in Irwin, PA

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Able to work around schedule at full time job

Cons

the work is VERY difficult when working with the public. Kohl's does NOT provide an alternative to obtaining your pay stubs other than online. They have really cut my hours in January!

Kohl's needs to provide paper stubs as well as the online stubs. Im in DIRE need of my pay stubs!

2546 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

dont work for this company unless you are used to being mistreated

Current Employee - Recovery/Cashier in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Recovery/Cashier in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

easy to get a job there. they hardly even interview you. They hire as many as they can because they know there is a lot of turn over.

Cons

You are viewed as a number. They hardly train you for the job. They bark orders at you without letting you know what they need. I have never felt so mis treated with any job as I did when working for Kohls.

Train your personnel better. Managers dont yell orders out in front of customers. Dont overstock the store so you cant even walk around let alone see the merchandise. Clean up your store and appreciate your empolyees.

Kohl's- Hard work for a good paycheck.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Managing at Kohl's is fun and challenging. The associates for the most part are fun to work with and enjoy their job. The work is diverse and requires creativity and quick decision making. The culture of Kohl's is service oriented and gives you tools to make people happy.

Cons

It really comes down to the store you are in and the team around you. Seeing several different stores I can say that there are very distinct personalities for stores, and you may or may not find one that fits who you are. If you don't, they are not afraid to run you over. Welcome to retail.

The hours are terrible, and you can never do enough. There is always pressure to come in/stay just a little(lot) longer. A great job lasts until the next sentence coming out of someone's mouth. This is not a job where people pat each other on the back.

People are catty about many things- Credit, workload, food in the break room... That's not exclusive to retail, but often times you are left with the parental duties of separating bickering "children".

If you can work very hard and feel fulfilled through your own work, results and interpersonal relationships, then this may be a good job for you. Also, be sure you don't mind pushing credit credit credit. Often times it will feel like the only metric that truly matters.

This is a good and challenging career opportunity for those fresh out of college and those with a passion for retail. Be prepared to work hard every day.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's