Nice part-time job

Current Employee - Cashier in Durham, NC
Current Employee - Cashier in Durham, NC

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kohl's hires great employees so great relationships can be built between co-workers. Great discounts. Very flexible scheduling.

Cons

Management changes a lot. Payroll depends heavily on credit and sales, which isn't always met because a lot of people don't want to apply for a Kohl's charge.

Advice to Management

Be more compassionate and understanding to your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. Good job

Pros

The people are very kind and it is a nice work environment for if you enjoy fast paced and fun. No uniforms and great discount.

Cons

Sometimes the customers can be difficult and annoying. Some managers are hard to get along with as well.

Advice to Management

Try to be more understanding of the fact that sometimes not everything can be done.

2. Varying hours, friendly co-workers

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Kohl's part-time

Pros

I love the atmosphere relating to my peers. I have no problem getting along with any of them. I also feel like the management does a decent job getting our opinions and adjusting things that need to be.

Cons

The constant push for credit can grate on the nerves at times. The pay isn't so bad, it's more the lack of hours the company provides for part-time workers.

Advice to Management

Please place your store executives in their non-typical environment for a day so they can understand the stresses of each position and stay up to date. i.e. - ad set, POS, fitting rooms, truck, merchandising.