There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

A Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Vice President Visual Merhchandisng in Menomonee Falls, WI
Former Employee - Vice President Visual Merhchandisng in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Kohl's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Pay, Great Opportunity to Learn and Grow, Great Recognition

Cons

Too many people involved in decision making. Some management personnel are in way over their head. Company has no loyalty to you no matter what you've contributed in the past. None what so ever. It's a shame they use you, then discard you.

Question when an associate has a very positive impact on his/her area of responsibility then suddenly all that changes when a new boss is appointed over their area. I was shocked at how little anyone remembered what I had done for the company and that no one realized the new boss just needed me out of the way to cover his own insecurities and inadequate experience. Shocked...no one wanted to hear my side and that I had no voice. No loyalty in the end. They got what they needed from you and now you can move on. What a shame when you've given so much of yourself.

2238 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

ok side job at store

Current Employee - Freight Associate
    Current Employee - Freight Associate

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The employee discount is boosted a few times/days a year. The schedules for good part timers are flexible and you can take time off without pay most of the year. Most of the coworkers are pleasant to work with. The stores do fundraising events in their communities.

Cons

It's a fast paced work place with low pay. Annual raises are insignificant. Managers continually harp on getting charge card applications. The stores skimp on work equipment and facilities maintenance. There is big-time associate turnover.

Cut the extreme corporate executive compensation (apparently not performance based) and pay the store employees.

Good if temporary, Not somewhere I would make a Career.

Former Employee - Misses Juniors Mens in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Misses Juniors Mens in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Kohl's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employee Discounts (Can be stacked with store coupons and kohls card coupons), able to get credit card after 1 year of working their even with bad credit.

Cons

Only get 4-7 hour shifts (Never get a full day unless its Christmas), always under staff during the day, and end up calling you in last minute. Credit goals (50 credit card sign ups in a day) is always impossible. Sales racks always a mess, Put employees in sections without proper training.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's