A Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Vice President Visual Merhchandisng in Menomonee Falls, WI
Former Employee - Vice President Visual Merhchandisng in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Kohl's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Pay, Great Opportunity to Learn and Grow, Great Recognition

Cons

Too many people involved in decision making. Some management personnel are in way over their head. Company has no loyalty to you no matter what you've contributed in the past. None what so ever. It's a shame they use you, then discard you.

Advice to Management

Question when an associate has a very positive impact on his/her area of responsibility then suddenly all that changes when a new boss is appointed over their area. I was shocked at how little anyone remembered what I had done for the company and that no one realized the new boss just needed me out of the way to cover his own insecurities and inadequate experience. Shocked...no one wanted to hear my side and that I had no voice. No loyalty in the end. They got what they needed from you and now you can move on. What a shame when you've given so much of yourself.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. lps

Pros

i love it.. great opportunity

Cons

better benefits, and great opportunity for growth

2. Overstocked American Sweatshop

Former Employee - Sale Associate and Point of Sale in Stafford, VA
    Former Employee - Sale Associate and Point of Sale in Stafford, VA

I worked at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close to Home Friendly Associate Payed every week

Cons

Everything Else that includes overworked, underpaid, and understaffed. You were worked to the bone and ran around like a madman trying to help everything.

Advice to Management

Pay your employee at least $10.00 an hour instead of $7,$8, and $9 an hour considering the amount of work they are doing. Don't base your employee yearly raise on how many credits they got it should be how hard they worked. Always double the staff and increase the payroll especially on big holiday. Create a return policy because I have seen many customers take advantage of the returns at Kohl's it awful and that is how you are losing money. Don't work your employees to death they are human beings not robots and always listen to the employee when they have a concern. Breaks need to be longer. There needs to be more full time position instead of part time position and don't cut hours because I have seen some employee only get 4 hours a week. Regulate the fitting rooms because customer take advantage of the fitting room and make sure there is someone working in every fitting room. Get rid the of the merchandise that isn't selling kohl's has way to much merchandise than it already needs