lack of management

Former Employee - Cashier in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easy hire process. easy daily tasks. entertaining. discount was alright.

Cons

lack of leadership. Employees didnt bother doing their job, management didnt either.

Advice to Management

be a leader.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. Kohls Corp

I have been working at Kohl's full-time

Pros

Office culture in my specific office was outstanding but I heard of bad experiences in different buying offices. I had a boss that genuinely cared about my well being at work and personally. Many benefits available.

Cons

Felt as though growth potential was talked about greatly in the interview but realistically it was minimal from specialist position

A Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Vice President Visual Merhchandisng in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Former Employee - Vice President Visual Merhchandisng in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Kohl's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Pay, Great Opportunity to Learn and Grow, Great Recognition

Cons

Too many people involved in decision making. Some management personnel are in way over their head. Company has no loyalty to you no matter what you've contributed in the past. None what so ever. It's a shame they use you, then discard you.

Advice to Management

Question when an associate has a very positive impact on his/her area of responsibility then suddenly all that changes when a new boss is appointed over their area. I was shocked at how little anyone remembered what I had done for the company and that no one realized the new boss just needed me out of the way to cover his own insecurities and inadequate experience. Shocked...no one wanted to hear my side and that I had no voice. No loyalty in the end. They got what they needed from you and now you can move on. What a shame when you've given so much of yourself.