Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,738 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

If money is what your looking for apply somewhere else.

Cashier (Current Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Kohl's

ProsFlexible work schedule, they are great at getting you time off. Attendance policy is very lien- ate, great benefits for full time, and part time employees.

ConsOur pay is not competitive, other retail stores start out at at least $1 or more. There is never enough coverage for what needs to be done. They schedule you when ever they feel like it, no consistency what so ever. There has been several times I have closed and than opened. If you don't get credit, it seems management does not treat you well. When you do take time off, it seems your schedule gets really inconsistent, or they tend to dock your hours. There is a cashier girl who comes in hungover everyday, management knows and does nothing about it. She takes 30 minute breaks and an hour and half long lunch. Often times she asks to go home early and gets it off when there are others who have worked their tale off and could go home.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease treat your employers with respect. I understand it can be hard to meet everyones needs, but when we lack coverage on the floor and at registers it really does effect our customer service. Please understand that we try as hard we can to get credit, but when customers don't want a card they mean NO. We put up with a lot and it would be nice to see our wages become more competitive.

overall if you are not interested in retail stay away. If you are, its a good taste of what retail is.

Intern (Current Employee)
Burlington, MA

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros: i worked with nice people. You are suppose to get a lunch break for a half hour and two 15 minute break if you work… Cons: Welll first off. I had to be at work at 5 in the morning someday. That means I have to get up at like 3:45.… Advice to Senior Management: Stop pulling all nighters. IT IS NOT HEALTHY No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Midwest Corporate America

Merchandise Analyst (Current Employee)
Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros: Kohl's is doing great in the market - they continue to improve their comp sales growth… Cons: All about politics and who likes you... I was told by my boss that it doesn't… Advice to Senior Management: Work on developing your current employees before hiring new, inexperienced… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.