Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,947 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

1947 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Working at Kohls

Ad Set Associate (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

Pros1) The people are friendly.
2) The pay is decent.
3) The associate discount is nice.
4) You get recognized on your birthday (cake, cupcakes, etc)
5) Those who want to rise in the workplace have many opportunities to do so.
6) They have a nice rewards system.
7) The managers really care about how the associate is doing and tries to help them improve
so that they can do better at their job and keep working at Kohl's. They are understanding and usually don't bite no matter what.
8) They offer benefits for part-time employees that are there for three months as well as full-time (it's a smaller package, but I don't know of any other retail store that offers benefits to part-time associates!)

Cons1) It's retail. The hours can be sucky.
2) Sometimes they don't always hire the best managers-- most of the managers at my store are good but there is one that doesn't really know what he's doing.
Not much else I can think of. They've got one of the best set of policies for employees I can think of-- if you want to work retail I think Kohl's is the best place there is.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're doing a pretty good job-- but I would advise that when you have a manager who's being reported on as bad by associates that you should handle it quickly!

A lot of opportunity...

Lexington, KY

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros: Kohl's has great opportunities for those wanting to challenge themselves. They don't push responsibility on you, but they recognize people that take initiative. If you… Cons: Communication from corporate to the sales floor is not always available. They have many resources, but changes in the system frequently fall through the cracks.… Advice to Senior Management: Offer the same MIT training and placement to existing associates… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Kohl's was "okay"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Buena Park, CA

I worked at Kohl's

Pros: Great for retail and customer service experience, fair associate discount,… Cons: Tend to schedule even though requested days off were approved Advice to Senior Management: Please do not become a part of the inappropriate activities… More
There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.