There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Working at Kohls

Current Employee - Ad Set Associate  in  Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Ad Set Associate in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

1) The people are friendly.
2) The pay is decent.
3) The associate discount is nice.
4) You get recognized on your birthday (cake, cupcakes, etc)
5) Those who want to rise in the workplace have many opportunities to do so.
6) They have a nice rewards system.
7) The managers really care about how the associate is doing and tries to help them improve
so that they can do better at their job and keep working at Kohl's. They are understanding and usually don't bite no matter what.
8) They offer benefits for part-time employees that are there for three months as well as full-time (it's a smaller package, but I don't know of any other retail store that offers benefits to part-time associates!)

Cons

1) It's retail. The hours can be sucky.
2) Sometimes they don't always hire the best managers-- most of the managers at my store are good but there is one that doesn't really know what he's doing.
Not much else I can think of. They've got one of the best set of policies for employees I can think of-- if you want to work retail I think Kohl's is the best place there is.

They're doing a pretty good job-- but I would advise that when you have a manager who's being reported on as bad by associates that you should handle it quickly!

2151 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

A lot of opportunity...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Kohl's has great opportunities for those wanting to challenge themselves. They don't push responsibility on you, but they recognize people that take initiative. If you ask for more, management will take the time to foster your personal strengths. It won't happen over night. You sort of have to wait in line for your turn, but if you show you are a hard worker, team player, and willing to learn-this company will take care of you.

Cons

Communication from corporate to the sales floor is not always available. They have many resources, but changes in the system frequently fall through the cracks. Kohl's gives a lot of freedom to their employees at all levels to make decisions about handling issues at hand. The right answer isn't always the same answer. So if you are the type of person that lives and dies by the rules, it will be especially challenging for you at Kohl's.

Offer the same MIT training and placement to existing associates with college degrees that you do to college seniors.

Great

Current Employee - Production Artist  in  Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Production Artist in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Kohls if a family friendly place to work. They have great benefits and they are a stand up company with the comunity.

Cons

I can't think of any major downsides for working at kohls. It may get busy in the summer in certain departments but overall it's a great place to be.

I think the management has improved over the years and they offer great training for those who want to advance their career.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!