There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Kohl's is great for a part-time job, but don't make "Sales Associate" your life's career.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate/POS
Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate/POS

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Good pay- 8.76/hr Friendly, helpful, and patient co-workers Modest employee discount- 15% "Yes We Can" Policy-- We don't have to bother management every time we need price adjustments or whatever. That also counts towards forgotten coupons... We can take the percent or dollar total off without needing a coupon. I'm surprised people don't abuse this more.

Cons

Management has sexist attitude towards customers- It's all about HER, yet I see a considerable amount of men shopping here too. Poor training- I went thru two hours of computer training, and thirty minutes of buddy POS training. the next day, metaphorically speaking, they thru me into the lake and expected me to teach myself how to swim. Poor communication- No one gave me an ID number, or helped me set up a POS password until I started incessantly bugging them about it. They don't post the schedule until the last possible minute, and no one is ever in the office. The stockrooms are a hideous mess. It's so hard to find anything because everything is everywhere.

Advice to Management

Communicate better Post schedules a week (not a day) before.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It is a job that is boring and seems to last forever

Former Employee - Seasonal
    Former Employee - Seasonal

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

They had reasonable scheduling and made it easy to get a holiday only posistion.

Cons

Minimum wage, No training, No information as to what you need to do or where things are, Bad communication between management and employees

Advice to Management

Work on communication with all of your employees, including the ones in the office.

2. highly qualified executive

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

compensation, leadership, technology and customercentric

Cons

does not encourage a work life balance

Advice to Management

Needs to be realistic with workload expectations does not provide enough resources to execute operational tasks.... payroll and tools needed