Kohl's is great for a part-time job, but don't make "Sales Associate" your life's career.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate/POS
Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate/POS

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Good pay- 8.76/hr
Friendly, helpful, and patient co-workers
Modest employee discount- 15%
"Yes We Can" Policy-- We don't have to bother management every time we need price adjustments or whatever. That also counts towards forgotten coupons... We can take the percent or dollar total off without needing a coupon. I'm surprised people don't abuse this more.

Cons

Management has sexist attitude towards customers- It's all about HER, yet I see a considerable amount of men shopping here too.
Poor training- I went thru two hours of computer training, and thirty minutes of buddy POS training. the next day, metaphorically speaking, they thru me into the lake and expected me to teach myself how to swim.
Poor communication- No one gave me an ID number, or helped me set up a POS password until I started incessantly bugging them about it. They don't post the schedule until the last possible minute, and no one is ever in the office.
The stockrooms are a hideous mess. It's so hard to find anything because everything is everywhere.

Communicate better
Post schedules a week (not a day) before.

Other Reviews for Kohl's

Great Experience!

Former Employee - Summer Intern
    Former Employee - Summer Intern

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

Very organized program! It also helped that my store manager was on top of things as far as the experience goes. Just sad that I just missed it when they started flying out interns to the corporate office =/ so the program is even better now I hear.

Cons

I've heard mixed things about the program and it was mainly b/c of the store manager. Just be assertive so if they go away from the program, so remind them.

Great job. Just be weary about getting too anxious, acting like chickens with your head cut off when there's a store walk through, because it rubs off on everyone else and freaks them out, keeping them from focusing on their job

highly qualified executive

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

compensation, leadership, technology and customercentric

Cons

does not encourage a work life balance

Needs to be realistic with workload expectations does not provide enough resources to execute operational tasks.... payroll and tools needed

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!