There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Kohl's is great for a part-time job, but don't make "Sales Associate" your life's career.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate/POS
Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate/POS

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Good pay- 8.76/hr
Friendly, helpful, and patient co-workers
Modest employee discount- 15%
"Yes We Can" Policy-- We don't have to bother management every time we need price adjustments or whatever. That also counts towards forgotten coupons... We can take the percent or dollar total off without needing a coupon. I'm surprised people don't abuse this more.

Cons

Management has sexist attitude towards customers- It's all about HER, yet I see a considerable amount of men shopping here too.
Poor training- I went thru two hours of computer training, and thirty minutes of buddy POS training. the next day, metaphorically speaking, they thru me into the lake and expected me to teach myself how to swim.
Poor communication- No one gave me an ID number, or helped me set up a POS password until I started incessantly bugging them about it. They don't post the schedule until the last possible minute, and no one is ever in the office.
The stockrooms are a hideous mess. It's so hard to find anything because everything is everywhere.

Communicate better
Post schedules a week (not a day) before.

2177 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Never Again

Current Employee - Visual
    Current Employee - Visual

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

The other "slaves"......er I mean associates.

Cons

Management-Management-Management.......or should I say the lack there of.Promote the deserving not just the brown nosed.

There's far too many "chiefs" that don't have a clue what's going on,pay the little "indians" that are doing all of the hard work better.For Pete's sake at least show the employee's some respect!

Long, Dreadful

Current Employee - Softlines Supervisor
    Current Employee - Softlines Supervisor

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Discount on all of the merchandise.

Cons

The hours were long and till all hours of the night.

Appreciate staff

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!