There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

love my job hate the drama from other associates

Current Employee - Distrubtion Associate in Middletown, OH
Current Employee - Distrubtion Associate in Middletown, OH

Pros

job security, money, overtime, discount

Cons

you will feel like your in high school again

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

Kohls! Expect HORRIBLE Things!

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Hamden, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Hamden, CT

Pros

-Negotiable if you tell them your experience as far as pay is concerned - alright benefits associate discounts you can look up your check instead of guesswork First dibs on new clothes or whatever's on clearance.

Cons

Catty, unprofessional management. bad pay People expect you to do assignments alone when it requires 2-3 people to do it efficiently! no way to advance terrible hours gossipy unfriendly coworkers unreliable scheduling "Yes we can" policy extremely easy to abuse.

Advice to Management

Hire managers to grow from their positions instead of letting them sit for years on end, to only become stale. Get rid of the "yes we can" policy. Customers can lie through their teeth and take advantage of this causing the company to ultimately lose money. Show employees some respect!

2. Great "JOB"

Former Employee - POS Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - POS Specialist in Orlando, FL

Pros

Walk around and motivate employees, speak with customers, ability to move around and not be behind the register. This job allows you to do everything and not be stuck in one position. You could come into work and have to help out at customer service or help out on the floor or maybe restock bags. Make change for the cashiers. EASY JOB.

Cons

Your main goal as a POS SPECIALIST IS CREDIT! You don't drive credit and meet credit you suck! Your team isn't performing it's your fault and you have to jump on register and fix the problem and you have to get credit!

Advice to Management

I would say Management overall is great, In this position I hated being pushed daily to drive credit when associates were not getting credit and there was only 2 customers in the store and you needed to open 10 credit cards it sucks. But I understand that if we don't get the credit then they get it from their boss.