There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

love my job hate the drama from other associates

Current Employee - Distrubtion Associate in Middletown, OH
Current Employee - Distrubtion Associate in Middletown, OH

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

job security, money, overtime, discount

Cons

you will feel like your in high school again

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

VERY Shady company to work for. Don't do it!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Port Orange, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

the discount was decent. I enjoyed most of my co-workers. Most of the customers were fairly pleasant to deal with. That's about it.

Cons

HORRIBLE management!! they do not know how to schedule people. I would consistently be out on for only 4 hours a week, then called in at the last minute because there was NEVER enough coverage on the floor. They would rather hire new people than give loyal employees hours. there is no communication, and when you try to resolve an issue you are ALWAYS passed off to someone else. The policies are so inconsistent - some people are allowed to get away wih murder, and I was fired for redeeming a $10 Kohl's cash a customer gave me. After THREE YEARS of service, I was treated like a common criminal. Management only cares about getting credit applications. I was miserable the whole time working there.

Advice to Management

Your employees are human beings, not a piece of machinery. Nobody is treated with respect and everyone is seem as disposable. Give encouragement and maybe you would have people who are happy to work for you.

2. Great "JOB"

Former Employee - POS Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - POS Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

Walk around and motivate employees, speak with customers, ability to move around and not be behind the register. This job allows you to do everything and not be stuck in one position. You could come into work and have to help out at customer service or help out on the floor or maybe restock bags. Make change for the cashiers. EASY JOB.

Cons

Your main goal as a POS SPECIALIST IS CREDIT! You don't drive credit and meet credit you suck! Your team isn't performing it's your fault and you have to jump on register and fix the problem and you have to get credit!

Advice to Management

I would say Management overall is great, In this position I hated being pushed daily to drive credit when associates were not getting credit and there was only 2 customers in the store and you needed to open 10 credit cards it sucks. But I understand that if we don't get the credit then they get it from their boss.