Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
  www.kohlscorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Sucks the life out of you.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oro Valley, AZ
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oro Valley, AZ

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Love my coworkers. Scheduling is ok. I've managed to get a decent work scehdule. The discount is Ok. It's close to where I live. I don't have to have this job. Knowing that I can quit if they piss me off somehow makes me feel better.

Cons

Doomed for failure. Management doesn't recognize hard work. Management fiddles with work hours. They don't schedule enough people to get the job done efficiently. The pay is horrible. After 2 years of loyal service I now make $8.20. That's ridiculous! The way they push you to get people to open credit cards is horrible. I hate it! I've herd that management gets a hefty bonus if the store makes credit for the year and the employees are the ones that get the credit for them. That's crazy!

Read above.

2428 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Don't be a Kohls Consultant

Former Employee - IS Consultant in Menomonee Fls, WI
    Former Employee - IS Consultant in Menomonee Fls, WI

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

If you are looking to disappear in a world of 6 foot cubicles then this is the place for you. Great place to eat breakfast and lunch. If you are looking to gain weight then you should also consider this company.

Cons

If you are looking to get into Kohls Corporate in the IS department....Good luck unless you have a lot of experience and have high level skills. The IT/IS dept is a two tier dept. Those on the top (Kohls employees), and those on the bottom, which are the consultants (temps). They do most of their dirty work with consultants, that have little to no chance to get hired on the Kohls payroll. They also show no signs providing the opportunity to train any IT/IS consultants from the bottom to get to the top.
    The chairs that you have to sit in all day are like ten years out of date. Comfort is key when you have to sit there all day long.

Make more Consultant positions actual Kohls payroll positions. It would boost morale, and allow for more personal growth for individuals that are looking to advance their careers.

Do your research before accepting offer- talk to the people on the sales floor.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

It's a profitable, growing company with good product selection and marketing. Benefits are great if you qualify.

Cons

Unfortunately, the frontline employees are why it's so profitable and they do not get the respect or reward they earn. Most stores are severely understaffed to save on salary and the customers do not get the service they deserve. Kohls advertises itself as a department store, but does not follow through with the service that department stores are known for. Employees are worked to the bone because they will not invest the dollars in more sales staff.

COnsider giving up some profit to staff your stores better.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's