Kohler
www.kohler.com Kohler, WI 5000+ Employees

Great experience. Would not go back.

Mechanical Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Kohler, WI

ProsDiverser cross functional experience. Ability to work in high level position very early in career. International experience. Nice new offie for engines engineering. The Sheboygan area is a decent place to live and close enough to visit Milwaukee for a splash of culture. Lots of genuine and nice people at the working levels.

ConsCash compensation only slightly better than low end contract firms. My total cash compensation grew 90% when I moved on. Very disorganized and not clearly process driven. Training and development opportunities could stand to be better organized. HVK makes every important decision, so middle management indecision is rampent and progress can grind to a hault. Who you know being more important than what you know is more prevalent than most corporate environments. Nepotism is a term you need to be very comfortable with.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees an average wage based on the industry and responsibility. Adopt some kind of formal continuous improvement process: A3, Six Sigma, Lean Process, anything. Become publicly traded or oust Herb, though David is not much better.

Dishonest and corrupt. Just a horrible place to be.

Communications Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Kohler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Not many. Products are well crafted. Cons: Management is just awful. At all levels of the company. Everybody operates in fear (HVK) and if you are not the "chosen employee" your career… Advice to Senior Management: Not that this advice matters becuase Kohler will never change but here you go. The people you have working for you matter. Turnover is very… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Old Boys Club

Finance (Former Employee)

I worked at Kohler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Large company & opportunity for career change/advancement to the right employees.… Cons: Too much upper management and management that is not qualified (golden boys). The company management is very heavily lopsided towards the male side, and… Advice to Senior Management: Remove a few layers of upper management, hire some managers with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kohler.

Worked for Kohler? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohler reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohler CEO Herbert V. Kohler Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohler employees.