Kohler

There are newer employer reviews for Kohler

Kohler's missed opportunity in a southern state. [Searcy Arkansas]

Former Employee - Non-scab, Due Payer in Searcy, AR
Former Employee - Non-scab, Due Payer in Searcy, AR

I worked at Kohler full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Company, with a solid product. The only company I've ever worked for, with which I consider myself their customer. Very reasonable with Organized labor.

Cons

They allowed a clique majority of production workers, - polishers - at UAW local 100; to create the widest range of incomes I've ever seen, even in non-union shops: 27K - 90K. Had that money been spread out more evenly, strikes would have not happened. My Father and Uncles were UAW, and I was a member as well - Searcy's Local 100 was NOT how organized labor Works. Those of you failed the People of Searcy Arkansas; whatever you're doing now, do it over in baldknob.

Follow the Japanese model for setting up shop in the south. They don't compete with your products.

189 Other Employee Reviews for Kohler (View Most Recent)

Dishonest and corrupt. Just a horrible place to be.

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Kohler, WI
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Kohler, WI

I worked at Kohler full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not many. Products are well crafted.

Cons

Management is just awful. At all levels of the company. Everybody operates in fear (HVK) and if you are not the "chosen employee" your career will go nowhere. Management excels at labeling employees and putting them in a box. Never moving anybody up the ladder because they have determined that you are not capable of doing anything other than your current position. HR is bloated and causes too many barriers to real success. HR is not employee friendly. If you confide in them they will notify your supervisor immediately and tell them everything.
    WARNING: If you value your career, this is not the place for you. Better think twice.

Not that this advice matters becuase Kohler will never change but here you go. The people you have working for you matter. Turnover is very high for a reason. People do not like being treated poorly and they will leave. You can replace them but consider the cost. It is now a culture of contempt. Wakeup and drop the ego.

Extremely fast and demanding environment

Former Employee - Marketing in Kohler, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Kohler, WI

I worked at Kohler full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Exceptional creative environment with a total focus on quality and the Kohler brand.

Cons

A lot is expected out of executives and burnout can occur if personal life is not managed well

Maintain the heritage and uniqueness of the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohler