Kohler
www.kohler.com Kohler, WI 5000+ Employees

Kohler's missed opportunity in a southern state. [Searcy Arkansas]

Non-scab, Due Payer (Former Employee)
Searcy, AR

I worked at Kohler full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood Company, with a solid product. The only company I've ever worked for, with which I consider myself their customer. Very reasonable with Organized labor.

ConsThey allowed a clique majority of production workers, - polishers - at UAW local 100; to create the widest range of incomes I've ever seen, even in non-union shops: 27K - 90K. Had that money been spread out more evenly, strikes would have not happened. My Father and Uncles were UAW, and I was a member as well - Searcy's Local 100 was NOT how organized labor Works. Those of you failed the People of Searcy Arkansas; whatever you're doing now, do it over in baldknob.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the Japanese model for setting up shop in the south. They don't compete with your products.

Great experience. Would not go back.

Mechanical Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Kohler, WI

I worked at Kohler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Diverser cross functional experience. Ability to work in high level position very early in career. International experience. Nice new offie for engines engineering. The Sheboygan… Cons: Cash compensation only slightly better than low end contract firms. My total cash compensation grew 90% when I moved on. Very disorganized and not clearly… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees an average wage based on the industry and responsibility. Adopt some kind of formal continuous improvement… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Old Boys Club

Finance (Former Employee)
Kohler, WI

I worked at Kohler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Large company & opportunity for career change/advancement to the right employees.… Cons: Too much upper management and management that is not qualified (golden boys). The company management is very heavily lopsided towards the male side, and… Advice to Senior Management: Remove a few layers of upper management, hire some managers with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kohler.

Worked for Kohler? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohler reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohler CEO Herbert V. Kohler Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohler employees.