Kohler

www.kohler.com
  www.kohler.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohler

Great company, global focus, and good opportunities for growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I have been working at Kohler full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Vast opportunity for position changes due to diversity of brands owned. There are many opportunities for switching after 18 months in a position. This helps to continue growth within the same company.

Cons

Too many decisions have to be approved by the CEO.

If you hire the best, trust the best.

176 Other Employee Reviews for Kohler (View Most Recent)

Great experience. Would not go back.

Former Employee - Mechanical Project Engineer in Kohler, WI
    Former Employee - Mechanical Project Engineer in Kohler, WI

I worked at Kohler full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Diverser cross functional experience. Ability to work in high level position very early in career. International experience. Nice new offie for engines engineering. The Sheboygan area is a decent place to live and close enough to visit Milwaukee for a splash of culture. Lots of genuine and nice people at the working levels.

Cons

Cash compensation only slightly better than low end contract firms. My total cash compensation grew 90% when I moved on. Very disorganized and not clearly process driven. Training and development opportunities could stand to be better organized. HVK makes every important decision, so middle management indecision is rampent and progress can grind to a hault. Who you know being more important than what you know is more prevalent than most corporate environments. Nepotism is a term you need to be very comfortable with.

Pay your employees an average wage based on the industry and responsibility. Adopt some kind of formal continuous improvement process: A3, Six Sigma, Lean Process, anything. Become publicly traded or oust Herb, though David is not much better.

Kohler's missed opportunity in a southern state. [Searcy Arkansas]

Former Employee - Non-scab, Due Payer in Searcy, AR
    Former Employee - Non-scab, Due Payer in Searcy, AR

I worked at Kohler full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Company, with a solid product. The only company I've ever worked for, with which I consider myself their customer. Very reasonable with Organized labor.

Cons

They allowed a clique majority of production workers, - polishers - at UAW local 100; to create the widest range of incomes I've ever seen, even in non-union shops: 27K - 90K. Had that money been spread out more evenly, strikes would have not happened. My Father and Uncles were UAW, and I was a member as well - Searcy's Local 100 was NOT how organized labor Works. Those of you failed the People of Searcy Arkansas; whatever you're doing now, do it over in baldknob.

Follow the Japanese model for setting up shop in the south. They don't compete with your products.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohler