Kohler
www.kohler.com Kohler, WI 5000+ Employees

Good company for the most part. Location is poor if you are under the age of 30.

Management Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kohler full-time

ProsLarge multinational company with a good reputation. Good benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, pension. Privately held with over 80% of profit reinvested in the company.

ConsBad location: the Village of Kohler is only 2,000 people, Sheboygan is only 50,000. Bad location if you are young. If you are married with kids it is a pretty good place. Although the benefits are good, actual pay is below average in most positions.

Proud of the product but internal problems

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kohler

Pros: Great co-workers. You can be proud of their products. Cons: It's not what you know, it's who you know. There are definitely "select" people that get the training, promotions, money and who's opinion is… Advice to Senior Management: My advice wouldn't matter. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Started Out Fine....But So Glad I Left

Sales Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Kohler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Great place to get started -Even with unrealistic goals, relatively low pressure environment -Rarely micromanaged -Industry "leader" in… Cons: -Way too many layers, they're more of a marketing firm than manufacturing -Limited growth opportunity unless you… Advice to Senior Management: -If you like being a "stepping stone" and don't mind losing good people after a short… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kohler.

Worked for Kohler? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohler reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohler CEO Herbert V. Kohler Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohler employees.