Great starting job as a software tester

Former Employee - QA Tester  in  El Segundo, CA
Former Employee - QA Tester in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Konami as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere that familiarizes you with the software development process while keeping a working environment that eases someone fresh out of college into the working world.

Cons

Chances of retaining extended employment as a QA Tester are not guaranteed. Check with your supervisor how long your contract will last so that you can have another job lined up if it does not look like they will extend your contract.

Be upfront with QA contractors and let them know if their chances of acquiring an extended contract are low so that they can work lined up. Other than that it was a pleasure working with you all and I hope things are going well.

Other Reviews for Konami

Fun people burdened by incomprehensible directives from overseas

I worked at Konami for more than a year

Pros

The people are friendly and creative
    DDR Machine and recently released titles to play in the lobby
    Work with people and groups across the US and overseas
    Great office location

Cons

Orders from the HQ in Japan come down and cannot be argued with, regardless of how much sense they make
    Upper management and execs in the US are often given little reign to react to their market
    Relies heavily on contractor labor with no benefits even for long term positions, but still ostracizes them

I know your hands are largely tied. Maybe Japan will stop trying to suffocate you.

Great early experience

Former Employee - QA Tester  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - QA Tester in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Konami as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

This was my second experience in the gaming industry that basically cemented me wanting to continue on into the industry. I loved the people that I got to work with and am still connected with some of them today. Some of the people that I worked with were promoted through the company and got to become Producers and Product Managers.

Cons

The fun corporate culture that I've since experienced at other companies seemed almost non existent at Konami. Very little development work is done at this office so there's not much control over the products.

There are newer employer reviews for Konami.

Worked for Konami? Contribute to the Community!