Kontagent

www.kontagent.com
  www.kontagent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kontagent

Enterprise Class Technology + Fantastic Culture = Best Startup in SF (OK... the world really)

Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kontagent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Kontagent clearly has a killer technology that our clients love. We are constantly innovating and interacting (in our big open space). I am surrounded by incredibly gifted and motivated people who take great pride in making something awesome. Our People Team does all kinds of little things to keep us happy. They truly care about making this a great place ... and it shows.

Cons

I guess if I didn't have any self control I would get fat from all the free snacks, food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and beer.

You know that old joke about the the old bull and young bull, standing at the top of hill ....

39 Other Employee Reviews for Kontagent (View Most Recent)

Not as good as it looks

I worked at Kontagent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There were many smart and talented people there. Great office and decent perks. People did not seem to work long hours. Very thorough hiring process.

Cons

My perspective from the Business side of the company... They were very effective at marketing themselves both internally and externally. Employees seemed to really drink the cool aid, at least early on. The general atmosphere I experienced was a little Frat Boyish. There was almost daily drinking of very expensive whiskey to celebrate the latest sale (this could be a pro for some) and fancy bottles were all over the place.

Most troubling was that if an executive decided you weren't a star and wanted to replace you, they would not hesitate to lay you off. Their approach in this regard was callous and short sighted. There's the usual office politics, but this seemed different.

Warning: The customer success manager/data scientist/customer insights analyst/??? position is really an account management job. So if your main goal is to gain experience analyzing data and understanding game design, this is not the role for you.

Goodwill is a precious commodity.

Great place to work and grow your skills

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kontagent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong company in a hot sector w/ tons of growth. Awesome team culture, perks, and competitive salaries. You get a lot of freedom and responsibility here - they will let you take on whatever you can handle. Definitely a great place to grow your career and skills.

Cons

Innovation is a bit slow at times, burdened by technical debt, and constantly changing company structure. Many remote offices make it hard to communicate with the people you need at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Kontagent