Kool Smiles

www.mykoolsmiles.com
  www.mykoolsmiles.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kool Smiles

The job is its own reward

I have been working at Kool Smiles

Pros

Kool Smiles is the most rewarding place I have ever worked. The relief and smiles I see on our patients each day is the best reward. This is not a place to work for personal gain, but for an opportunity to help those receive care that otherwise would have to go with out it. The culture in Kool smiles is a strong combo of excellence, pride and compassion. Each clinic is encouraged to function as a family. Teamwork and fun are strongly encouraged. Employees are encouraged to bring new ideas forward.

Cons

Training program is not up to par with daily activities in the office. Drs. seem to march to the beat of their own drum and tend to be excluded from new company happenings. Senior management on the Drs. side needs to be more supportive of the office staff.

Take a day to work in the field alongside - or solo - as a PC, OM, CRS or CTL to better understand the challenges faced by each job.

86 Other Employee Reviews for Kool Smiles (View Most Recent)

Company with good ideas that grew to fast -Toxic Workplace Corp. Office

I worked at Kool Smiles full-time

Pros

-Some people are great to work with that would do anything to help, others are back stabbing political players that have management eating out of their hands.
    -Decent benefits, but that's about it.
    -Good Location

Cons

- Heavy on Micromanaging and favoritism, and internal office politics are a huge part of the culture. Which is the melting pot for a toxic environment at Marietta Support Services.
    - Can't complain to HR about the toxicity because they look to derail any complaints. Thus no open door policy.
    - Backstabbing co workers seems to be the norm, and ignored.
    - Salary's are to low and review process is not fair.
    - very secretive and this is a part of the toxicity that is Kool Smiles.
    - there is way to much favoritism in play.
    -Incompetent Management, that is keen on ignoring the bigger issues.
    - Very secretive leadership- that doesn't promote growth or promotions.

If you want a Career with a company that ignores problems with co workers and promotes a Toxic environment that is secretive that this company is for you. AVOID KOOL SMILES!

Stop with the Micromanaging and internal Dept. Favoritism. You talk a good game but don't follow through on what "your working on."

All about the numbers. Not the people.

I have been working at Kool Smiles

Pros

We take care of kids in need.
    The Salary is decent for what the job is.
    Autonomy to make your office a fun work environment.

Cons

Training: Office management is given an initial training at the corporate office and then they are left on their own. Support is very limited after the first 2 weeks.
    Transparency: The offices are left in the dark with many issues that affect them. We are not trusted with financial information.
    Very limited advancement potential for certain positions.
    Unfair expectations and being held accountable for issues out of our control.
    Serious lack of communication and incompetency at Support Services.
    Disrespect and lack-of-care from the Central Billing Department and Call Center.
    We are the "Jiffy Lube" of Dentistry. Patients are overscheduled and whipped through like numbers. This affects Quality work.
    Greed: The Doctors will do whatever they can to make their commission. This often comes at the expense of the Dental Assistants and office staff.

Stick to your promises. Several incentives have been won with no reward ever being given.
    Follow through. There are multiple initiatives rolled out that we never hear of again.
    Fairness in customer service audits. Most comments are out of our control and we're still penalized for them.

There are newer employer reviews for Kool Smiles