Opened new office

Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Columbia, SC
Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Columbia, SC

I worked at Kool Smiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working with the children and families. Staff mostly got along. Free coffee.

Cons

Did not have consistent management. Some of the higher paid employees were abusive to the lesser paid hourly staff and not much was done about it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good people, bad support from corporate

Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Anderson, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Anderson, SC

I worked at Kool Smiles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The local offices were great. I enjoyed working with the dentists, office staff, and managers everyday. The work is really meaningful.

Cons

Corporate was rarely helpful. They always pushed numbers, but wanted it to be about the patient experience. I was getting directives from across the country instead of the manager who was in my office. The call center is terrible.

Advice to Management

Give more power back to management. The call center needs to go, it makes customers mad all the time. I spent more time apologizing for the call center then I did anything else for the company.

Work at a Company with a Purpose

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at various companies throughout the years, software, travel, training, technology, professional services, etc. Most of the time your company is in a business that is providing a product or service but that product or service is not assisting in helping improve the lives of others. However, if you work at Kool Smiles you know your Company is providing a service that helps communities throughout the US. The access to dental care in a lot of the communities that KS serves is minimal or non-existant for those that need it the most. I've seen the lives that this Company has touched and to be able to work with an organization like that is fulfilling.

Cons

Working here is not like working in an "ordinary" dental clinic. It can be difficult at times but the good things in life don't come easy. If you believe in the values of the Company, and believe you are serving the greater good, the pros outweigh the cons that you may have to encounter on a day to day basis.

Advice to Management

Keep improving and expand, expand, expand.