Kool Smiles

www.mykoolsmiles.com
  www.mykoolsmiles.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kool Smiles

Great environment to work in and grow

I have been working at Kool Smiles

Pros

Great family environment with awesome employees to work with. The staff is extremely friendly to both patients and co-workers.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are some days can be very hectic due to over scheduling or just walkin patients, but in all reality there are no cons.

Great JOb

87 Other Employee Reviews for Kool Smiles (View Most Recent)

Dishonest Practices

Former Employee - Laborer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Laborer in Boston, MA

I worked at Kool Smiles full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great staff in the offices to work with

Cons

Unreasonable Senior Staff asking unreasonable goals for Managers and Dentists. They are coming from a corporate background to the health care industry. They want money money money and don't care about quality work. LONG working hours in unsafe neighborhoods with patients who will regularly threaten your life. Gun shots, stabbings, hookers, drugs - just another day in the neighborhood of Kool Smiles.

Worry about treatment, good quality of care will bring repeat patients. Its not ALL about the dollar

BAD place to work.. Bait and Switch Contract

Former Employee - Associate Dentist in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Associate Dentist in Everett, WA

I worked at Kool Smiles full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There really are no pros. You are promised an annual salary and withing a few days of starting they inform you that you will no longer be receiving that salary and must take a paycut. Be careful with the sign on bonus this is where they will try to trap you. If you sign one you are signing a promissary note which is separate from the contract they breach, and will use it as leverage against you if you decided you want to leave. I was completely mis-lead and lied to. I was promised a guaranteed salary for two years only to find out it will not be honored. I asked them how long have they known of these changes and it seems like they have known since the begging of the year. Yet continued to lie about the contract and inform me of the contract breach once I start.

Cons

Bait and switch tactics. They will offer you a sign on bonus as a trap, and then promise you an annual salary. Once you sign the sign on bonus you find out its a promissary note separate from the contract. Then you find out that they are going to dis honor the contract and cut your pay. They then put you on a collection (not production) pay system. They also added a stipulation that they call true up. For the company to maintain a 90% collection you the doctor becomes the guarantor. So you will receive you pay but a few months down the road if they fail to collect on any of that money they will deduct it from your next check guaranteeing their collection rate at your expense. Remember when you apply here they tell you that they will handle all the finances and administrative stuff and all you do is dentistry, well now you are also their insurance policy. This is something they plan on doing slowly company wide by the end of the year to avoid a mass exodus of people. Also on the collection system of pay, you don't get credit for exam, cleanings, x rays or emergency visits. So if you consider working for here remember you have been warned.

There are newer employer reviews for Kool Smiles